Anyone think Best Picture was Staged?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Every year, they put some phony baloney (oscarstoowhite?) to people can talk about it, to get people watching. I can't be sure, but I think it was staged.

Nah.

If it was for ratings, why do it at the very end, just minutes before it goes off the air? If it's for ratings for next year, well, I don't think anyone will much remember it then, and if anything, you'd think a mistake would be way less likely to happen now, since they'll be particularly careful.

I definitely think last year Jada Plinkett Smith was in cahoots with the Academy and Barry Jenkins (as well as JFK, Bigfoot and the aliens of course) to do that #Oscarssowhite BS so they could get Moonlight made and push their agendas of... making movies and stuff.

Just teasing.

No, I'm not. Believe whatever you want.
We are just teasing the people who think it was staged. No harm meant towards you.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It wasn't staged.

However, if we are to believe that Moonlight wasn't shoved down the throats of the voters, then we are mistaken.

I guess it's kind of interesting that in the same year Trump was the winner of the election, that Moonlight wins.

We just don't know how to vote anymore

It wasn't staged.

However, if we are to believe that Moonlight wasn't shoved down the throats of the voters, then we are mistaken.

I guess it's kind of interesting that in the same year Trump was the winner of the election, that Moonlight wins.

We just don't know how to vote anymore
You haven't seen it bro. Moonlight is a great film that deserves recognition.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I wouldnt be the least bit surprised - and kinda hoping for a troll conspiracy story because it's much more interesting than 'we made a mistake'

Everything is a conspiracy.

Yoda's pizza and Leslie got together and rigged it.

Hope it was shoved down the throats of the voters. People need guidance and it resulted in the better decision
That sounds elitist...

I can't believe "I, Daniel Blake" wasn't even nominated. I'm guessing it's probably the best movie of 2016.

Everything is a conspiracy.
Na, most things might pretend, but it's become a business of it's own (Alex Jones) -- the more crazier the story, the more survival kits he sells.

If Vietnam (Gulf of Tonkin lie) and Iraq could be "mistakes" then it isn't beyond the realm of possibility to pull a little stunt so people can talk about it. The Oscars haven't been as relevant, and it's business..

If Price Waterhouse still have the job next year I'll be nodding and saying - Yup...set up.