who should be the new James Bond?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
As many of you know, I am a supporter of Clive Owen as the new Bond, but it seems like he's out of the picture. Now, I have done some more thinking about Jude Law and think that maybe he would be an interesting Bond. A bit too boyish perhaps...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
As many of you know, I am a supporter of Clive Owen as the new Bond, but it seems like he's out of the picture. Now, I have done some more thinking about Jude Law and think that maybe he would be an interesting Bond. A bit too boyish perhaps...
Piddy...just curious...why is Clive Owen out of the picture?

Jude Law is definately too boyish and fragile looking to be bond.

I'm still sticking to my previous opinions...the next bond should be...
...Hugh Jackman.
And, I don't care if he isn't british (that seems to bother some people)...after all Jude Law just played a southerner in 'Cold Mountain' and lets not forget Vivian Leigh playing Scarlet O'Hara successfully in GTTW. Hugh Jackman has all the right stuff to make a perfct Bond. Humor, a twinkle in his eye like Roger Moore had, class, and sex appeal like Sean Connery. He also has the manly wolverine stuff under his belt.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Aniko
Piddy...just curious...why is Clive Owen out of the picture?

Jude Law is definately too boyish and fragile looking to be bond.

I'm still sticking to my previous opinions...the next bond should be...
...Hugh Jackman.
Apparently Owen was a candidate until not long ago. I think they thought he was too serious or sad looking. And I can tell you that Jackman today is the most likely to be the next Bond after what I have read.

Put me in your pocket...
Apparently Owen was a candidate until not long ago. I think they thought he was too serious or sad looking. And I can tell you that Jackman today is the most likely to be the next Bond after what I have read.
Thanks for letting me know Piddy. You're a sweetie.

I can tell you that Jackman today is the most likely to be the next Bond after what I have read.
Good

Hugh Jackman may not be English but out of the non-english people mentioned I would not mind him as the next James Bond.

Jude Law, not for me thanks.

Sean Bean would be my current top pick.
Although as I've mentioned I think it would be interesting if Rufus Sewell got the part.

I think Hugh Grant should be the next Bond.

After that, then maybe we could persuade MGM to retire Bond and preserve the legend.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I'd say it should be between Colin Firth and Clive Owen. They both look the part and can act.
I suppose the only problem I'd have with Firth is, whenever I'd see him with a woman I'd expect them to go "Oh Mr Darcy!", and faint. But that's just me.

It was a boring conversation anyway
[quote=Revenant]Sean Bean would be my current top pick.[quote]
Thats a great pick except for the fact that hes aready been in a Bond film....It just wouldnt feel right.

An unknown should be casted, most of the names mentioned just don't seem right for the part. Out of the big names though, Jude Law does get my vote.

I mean this might be a long shot, but Pauly Shore is up for a good role, he is due (God Damn he is due!!) So i think he could pull off James Bond pretty well.

Or my other guess would be Hugh Grant...no Hugh Jackman! My choice.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by WelshBint
Hugh Jackman
I hope that doesn't happy.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Mrs. BDT to y'all
the next james bond definitely has to be british, it just cant work otherwise. pierce brosnan should just carry on until he's totally phsically incapable!

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I'd say it should be between Colin Firth and Clive Owen. They both look the part and can act.
I suppose the only problem I'd have with Firth is, whenever I'd see him with a woman I'd expect them to go "Oh Mr Darcy!", and faint. But that's just me.
Colin Firth is a wuss, James Bond is not a wuss.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
i kinda agree, but if they continue making bond movies, i dont really think theres any1 up 2 the job other than brosnan

Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly Online

DOUBLE UH-OH Brosnan says Bond is in his past, though he'll ''look back affectionately'' on those years

Pierce Brosnan appears to be turning in his license to kill. ''That's it,'' says the actor otherwise known as Bond, James Bond. ''I've said all I've got to say on the world of James Bond.''

The 51-year-old Irish-born star answers the question that's plagued millions of 007 fans since his last mission on her majesty's secret service, 2002's ''Die Another Day'': Will he return for his fifth James Bond movie or not? ''Bond is another lifetime,'' he says, ''behind me.''

Unless Brosnan's statement is a negotiating ploy -- Sean Connery, for example, quit for a whole movie before being lured back for bigger bucks -- England-based Eon productions, which produces the Bond flicks, must find another star to carry 007's Walther PPK in the as-yet-untitled 21st Bond movie, which is already scheduled to be released on Nov. 18, 2005. Speculation surrounds Brits Clive Owen, Ioan Gruffudd, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Gerard Butler, Jude Law, and Ewan McGregor, as well as Aussies Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger, and Eric Bana.

Bad Morther****er
I know this sounds crazy but hear me out on this one. What about a black Bond? Lets say Will Smith. I know Will could pull off the accent. He also has the looks and charisma for the roll. I think it would at least be cool to thing about.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith