Friday The 13th movies

Tools    

Hi all, i'm new here.
I've recently watched all the movies in the Friday The 13th series except for Jason X and just wanted to have a discussion with other people that have seen the movies.

I have a stack of questions id likeo ask about the movies (if anyone else would like to ask questions regarding the movies feel free to use this thread).

1) In the first movie am i correct that Jason's mother did the killings at the very start when the counsellors were making out and u see a 1st person perseptive? thats my take as the mother would be obviously vengeful that they let her son drown.
Ive heard people say in reviews that its the mother that does all the killings throughout the movie but that makes no sense. For starters i got the impression that it was a man (from the shots of the shoes when he stalked people). But i guess if it was the mother i could live with that. However Jason was in the 2nd movie onwards so if it was the mother that did all the killings what was Jason doing? Unless Jason was seperated from his mother after surviving the drowning (eg swimming to shore, and living in the woods).

2) In the 2nd movie at the end when Jason crashes through the window why do they cut to the girl being taken away in the ambulance, what happened to the boyfriend? Did they 'kill' Jason? It just seems so absurd. My theory is the boyfriend dies fighting Jason and the girl passes out after Jason 'dies', or maybe he fled back to his 'house' in the woods. what does everyone else think about the ending?

3) with the 3rd movie the girl and guy decide to camp in the woods or sumthing to get away from the others (the guy just had his car trashed). the girl tells the story of how he survived a Jason attack. i found this extremely frustrating. just like in the other movies she blanks out and ends up safe and sound in her bed. how the **** can she pass out with Jason trying to kill her and then wake up in her bed the next morning, it doest make any sense.

4) With the start of the 4th movie how the fudge does Jason come back to life after taking a machetie to the head (i know he was wearing a mask but i thought it would have cut through it and into his skill), but anyways i guess i can live with him being 'ressucitated' or however he comes back to life.
I must say i loved the ending of the 4th movie with Tommy Jarvis giving Jason a big can of whoop ass! I thought to myself, surely thats the end of the series Jason has kicked the bucket he aint getting up from that.

5) But then there was Part 5. Apparently this one had a copycat killer which i think was brilliant as it broke the mould of Jason coming back and killing more people. The ending however left me scratching my head. Could someone plz ezplain it to me. At first i thought Tommy does a runner and escapes (from the broken window), but then theres a shot of (Tommy??) coming up behind the women, with the mask on. what the??

Actually it would have been brilliant if Jason was 'reincanated' in Tommy Jarvis, sort of like the Jason legacy living in another person. but anyways.

6) Part 6 has to have the stupidest, most absurd storyline ever. Apparently Jason was buried and given his own burial. who the **** would want to give a mass murderer with no heart a proper burial, with a tombstone?! Why didnt the town people and police get together and say, lets get rid of this 'monster', once and for all, cut his head off and burn him? But i guess thats what Tommy's purpose of going to the cemetary was. Speaking of which.
How would Tommy know where Jason was buried?
Then the absurdity metre goes into overdrive, they dig up the grave, and lughtning strikes the grave (bit of a coincidence i think) and walla, Jason is ALIVE!
Again the ending i can live with, he gets taken down into the lake whick makes sense.

7) Youd think that would be the last of Jason but no, our good old movie executives wanted more money so they make a 7th movie. this time with a girl that has telepathic powers. again a super absurd storyline with Jason being freed by the girls powers, somehow Jason is alive again! how is that possible?? his throat was cut by the boat rudder in the previous movie yet somehow now that hes free from the chains hes up and about again.
And in this one hes no longer a human, he can take shotgun blasts to the chest as well as survive electricution!
How did he become invincible??
And the ending, can someone tell me how the girls father can come up from the lake and take Jason down?? thats not illogical, thats BS!!
And then it looks like old dad ties up Jason as in Part 8 he's all tied up again. can someone explain that one?

8) It looks like the executives wanted more money and wern't done flogging the Friday The 13th franchise. i guess the boat's anchor could break the chains of Jason but again its so absurd. again Jason is freed from the chains and this time electricity makes him alive again! where does the electricity come from??
With the ending why on earth would toxic waste fill the sewers every night, thats the most absurd thing ever. And what happens to Jason. does he turn into a boy or is that just an hallucination of the girl. in any case surely Jason is now 'all washed up'. the toxic waste would have finished him off for good.
even if he did survive and got washed out to sea, how the **** does he get his mask backa nd get back to Crystal lake for Part 9???

9) Part 9. Jason somehow gets from New York back to Crystal Lake with a new mask!
why would the FBI put one of thier agents at such great risk by making her 'bait' for Jason? why wouldnt they do a 'seach and destroy' mission. also how did they know he even came back to Cyrstal Lake? he could have easily have found a new home in New York.
then they blow Jason to kindon come and he now just a bunch of bopdy parts. but hes still alive! well at least his heart is. then apparently Jason lives on in other poeple and continues to kill people. and then we see him for 5 minutes at the end when he again gets resurrected, and gets his old body back, mask and all.
at the end we see Feddy's mask. was that a early sign that they were going to make the Freddy vs Jason movie?

10) with Feddy vs Jason can someone plz explain the ending. Jason walks out of the lake holding Freddy's head and then Freddy blinks. what the?? i thought they both killed each other!!! how does that work?

11) that brings us to Jason X, which i havent seen. assuming that Jason X is after Freddy vs Jason, how does he a) in space and b)dying at the end? does he actually die at the end or is just the typical 'he aint really dead' nonsense? is Jason X the very last Friday The 13th Movie ever?

12) ive heard theres going to be another Friday The 13th movie being made. will this simply be a remake much like Haloween. if so what the point watching it?

anyways that all for me. i do apologize if ive blabbed for way too long. its just that ive spent lots of time watching these movies amd just out of curiosity id like to ahve my questions answered as well as find out what other people thought of the movies.

It's been a very long time since I saw the Friday the 13th movies. A movie producer Told me and some others on a tour in California a few decades ago that it was intended that Friday 13th would go to 13 films and then stop.

More trivia: Baywatch's original title was "To Surf and Protect", a play on the police motto: "To Serve and Protect".

With 10), both characters are supernatural so like where Freddy appears in our reality in the Nightmare films, it doesn't matter if he is killed off because he is a supernatural force so it is only his projection that is killed and not the real force behind him.

11) Set centuries in the future so it doesn't matter what happens after that, though it does show that he survives into that time period.

12) The films were about a remorseless demon so I don't see how better special effects or CGI will make a better film? It'll probably end up as just more of the same unless they can think of a new angle.

Gotta go with 1-3.

I wondered the same things but then I realized the whole idea of these movies is not only to scare kids and all that crap but also to make people go, huh?I dont think these movies were ever supposed to make any sense they are only supposed to scare people and thats about it.The first time I watch Friday The 13th I was so scared I didnt want to be left alone,thats what I expect from a horror movie so I dont tend to ask questions.If the movie is completely senseless and not scary at all then yeah I am usually saying WTF.

Horror movies have fallen into repetition. We know when the good guys think the fiend or monster is dead, it will suddenly come back to life. We know about cats leaping out to make people jump and about unsuspecting teenagers being killed off one at a time. Relentless supernatural forces are boring because they cannot be stopped.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im a massive fan of Friday 13th I wish Jason was my daddy!

I'm a bunch of a hell!
Me too though it really seems to be a repetition I will never got tired of watching it.

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
Yea...I think you said it best. It's just absurd, and it's suppose to be. Friday the 13th isn't exactly a deep, thought provoking cinematic endeavor. It's funny and gory and awesome and crazy. Just have fun watching the slashery goodness and don't worry about plot holes or other such things.

Registered Creature
Haven't they already milked the series to just about death?

Registered Creature
It's funny and gory and awesome and crazy. Just have fun watching the slashery goodness and don't worry about plot holes or other such things.
Oh, I can't do that. I think I'd die.