I Am Legend

→ in
Tools    

WARNING: "I Am Legend" spoilers below
I think the movie is not a legend He kill his self damn director.

ADMIN EDIT: please use spoiler tags when discussing the ending of recent releases.

I'm a bunch of a hell!
actually Will Smith looks gorgeous on tis film.

I love the scene where Will Smith
sing a song for his dog before it dies..
So sad!

EDIT: EDITED TO ADD SPOILER TAGS

Thought this movie was great. I didn't mind the ending; contrary to the majority of opinions I have found. Will Smith was impressive and so was the dog.

I loved this movie. Will Smith was gorgeous.

One line early on killed this movie for me:

"Scan her again!!"

ha ha...it was so lame...I could not take anything else after that seriously...

I was surprised with this film. It was done really well and I love the thiestic theme of it. The Christ symbolism was very welcomed in my book. If one looks past the usual dismissal of "dogma" which gets old after a while there is alot in the film.

I Am Legend fails to be what it was originally intended to be...
Not having read the book and not having seen any of its previous film adaptations, I'm not sure how many of my complaints about the screenplay can be addressed to Matheson’s book.
Yes it fails miserably. Fails to be exactly what it should be in the first place - I Am Legend. It's a shame you haven't read Matheson's book for it is 10x better than the film.

As for the Wil Smith mock up, the only things the same are the title and the name of Robert Neville. Nothing about the character nor the story and of it's "creatures" are remotely the same. The feature shouldn't even have dared to be called I Am Legend.

In I Am Legend society has gone whereas in Children of Men the people are battling to survive and try and find a baby! I did not particularly enjoy either film really and thought I Am Legend was a dissappointment considering all the hype.

**** movie 4/10 boring and pointless

I saw that movie...it was cool ..except the ending that was the second movie ending that i didn't like .. bad movie endings are in now?....-.-"

If anybody is interested in seeing an alternate ending of I Am Legend

click here
Different.... and meaningful. I like how they finally call it Will Smith's I am Legend. The film was not bad. It just disappointed me with it's "based on Richard Matheson's book" nonsense.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm not sure if I like that alternate ending or not. I mean, before that moment, we were not shown any moment where these zombie-vampires had anything like love or society beyond animal survival. This came out of left field and felt even more like a canned, deus ex machina ending to me.

I'm not sure there is a good way to end this "version" of Matheson's book. Why they changed it at all in the first place is beyond me.

I think the alternate ending works a lot better if -- and only if -- other parts of the film are changed a bit to lead up to it more. Either way, it is a step towards the original novel, and there were lots of hints that that's where the film was going even in the finished product (though in that version, they led nowhere), so I'd say it's an improvement.

I'm not sure if I like that alternate ending or not. I mean, before that moment, we were not shown any moment where these zombie-vampires had anything like love or society beyond animal survival. This came out of left field and felt even more like a canned, deus ex machina ending to me.

I'm not sure there is a good way to end this "version" of Matheson's book. Why they changed it at all in the first place is beyond me.
yeah i agree. Robert even says that all human aspects are gone, or something like that, so it seemed out of the blue how they acted. I think i like the orig ending better just cause this one seemed more like a hollywood happy ending.

oh and i found this by "stumbling upon" it.
stumbling is pretty cool and if you don't know what it is, its this random page generator. not completly random cause you choose your interests at the start, then you just stumble away. its really addicting. you can just stumble pictures, videos, news items or everything and you can give the site a thumbs up or thumbs down to help filter better things to you. check it out
StumbleUpon
just click the "Get the StumbleUpon Toolbar" on the right side

The main problem with this film was the inability to focus on what the character had completely learned to live without. We were continually fed the rights to what he had invented for himself, but ultimately, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed in the fact that Will Smith's character relied far too much on his scenery rather than his internal submissions or solitude.

We've been here a dozen times over, folks. "Don't go toward the dark, don't focus on the failure but rather the faith," "Exude the eternal exclamation of error; profit from patience," and yet, the poignant potential of "I Am Legend" was cautiously crippled by cliches, for which was stitched throughout the entirety of its story, its styles, its sadistic villains, even throughout the predictable portions of a classical conclusion.

I wanted more here, obviously, because think about it - what sort of intrigue could a world such as this invent for a real person? That's interesting; not a zoned group of zombies shading our hero with a flushed funk of fantasy. Take the material, and make New York City more frightening for an adult who just so happened to have lived in a flesh-and-blood sort of world, where real science abandons humanity's hope of technological ingredients forging itself into a fortunate future.

I am glad to see I am not alone in my disappointment with this movie. Maybe it was all the hype... I don't know. But, it lacked in many ways.