Beowulf

→ in
Tools    

we're supposed to watch this movie a while ago.. and because it will start late, we decided not to watch it.. or else i will be late for work.

I heard so many good things bout this movie..I'm so curious that I want to watch it..

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I saw Beowulf over the weekend. It seemed like a good bet for a matinée. It is a story that seems to lend itself to film interpretations pretty well - from what I know about it... I've never actually read the whole thing through. I was interested in seeing the trailer for Cloverfield too... but also wanted to see how well they did the motion capture thing.

I think Yoda's review is just about spot on. I wasn't overly impressed with the full motion capture at first, but I ended up (OK, it took me all of 20 minutes) liking it in the context of doing a movie such as this.
At this point with the technology, I don't see a movie that isn't FX and CGI heavy really needing to use it, unless they are looking for a specific stylized "feel" to the film. With the FX needed to pull this film off the way it was made, it did make sense to go full motion capture, instead of trying to integrate live action and CGI... it looked better, even more seamless, to me.
I saw the movie in a regular theater, but, like Yoda, I saw the places where the intentions to see it in IMAX and/or 3-D came in. They did a very good job of integrating those scenes in with the film as a whole, so they weren't just completely overt in their purpose, but they were there. Don't get me wrong though, I saw nothing wrong with them, they didn't detract from the film. They were quite effective. I do have to agree on the issue with the PG-13 rating. There was too much silly, gratuitous, nudity. I just didn't see why it was needed, and felt that it turned a strong PG-13 for the violence, into what should have been forced into R rating territory, especially after seeing the number of younger kids (certainly younger than 13) that were there. Don't get me wrong... I'm all for some Angelina Jolie flesh flashing, but even though it was just a frontal tease, between that, and the rest of it, this just should have been rated R.

One thing that I thought of after having seen how far the technology has come was an idea about the Matrix films...
I wonder if they might have been even more interesting if they had been made in like a year or two, as the motion capture tech matures even more... and all of the scenes of when people were in the Matrix, were shown in capture, and those not in the Matrix, were live action... just a thought...

There are those who call me...Tim.
I thought the 3D effects were occasionally stunning and the action scenes were pretty exciting too, but I thought that much of the rest of the film was tedious.

Having said that, the film really is unmissable due to the technology on show.

They make a game base on this movie.,

This movies was adapted by a game series

Angelina Jolie banned her kids from watching this movie

Hey all, I think there is a game out there related to this film.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
This movies was adapted by a game series

Angelina Jolie banned her kids from watching this movie
How can something be 'adapted by a game series'? They made a game based on the movie, so what? There is a game for pretty much every movie that involves either animation or fighting and this one has both.

And Angelina Jolie's kids are far too young to watch a PG13 movie anyway.

Haven't watch this yet!!! Having Angelina, one of the cast...I'll watch this for sure!!!..

How can something be 'adapted by a game series'? They made a game based on the movie, so what? There is a game for pretty much every movie that involves either animation or fighting and this one has both.

And Angelina Jolie's kids are far too young to watch a PG13 movie anyway.
well, simply because of nudity, Angelina had a frontal nude scene here because of the animation applied and for her a mother like her should not be seen like that by her kids

You guys! There's a game for this!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I saw this movie in 2D and thought it was amazing.. I'm planning on going to see it in 3D maybe this weekend.

Here's Angelina Jolie... What can you say?

Movie Forums Critic
yeah i like this show and cgi, was awesome, a very great story....

I'm in a Mythology class and we just read Beowulf and the movie is not completely accurate from the real story, but it was still an amazing movie!

I'm a bunch of a hell!
I personally like Angelina's role in this movie,she's hot and tough...