Best Prison Drama and Warden

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
My pics are The Birdman of Alcatraz for prision drama, and Warden McClusky from Natural Born Killers for the best Warden. What are your pics?

best show Prisoner (Australian 80's television drama...i think it made it to the UK also)...best prison warden, Viniger **** (from the same show)

FILM
Cool Hand Luke (1967)
*RUNNERS UP: Down by Law, The Hill, Midnight Express, Scarecrow, The Great Escape, Escape From Alcatraz, The Longest Yard, Papillon, In the Name of the Father, Escape from New York, Runaway Train and I Am A Fugitive from a Chain Gang, plus the end of Dancer in the Dark

WARDEN
Woodward Lopeman (Henry Fonda), There Was A Crooked Man... (1970)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What Caitlyn said........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Shawshank and Green Mile.

n7of9, I thought you'd be too young to remember that stupid show? (and I thought it was in the 70's)

Didn't see it.
I like Green Mile.

Originally posted by Fox
n7of9, I thought you'd be too young to remember that stupid show? (and I thought it was in the 70's)
STUPID, did you say STUPID!!!! i grew up on that show, i loved it (it may have in fact been the 70's....dunno....so long agooooo)...my mother learnt how to speak english watching Prisoner

What Nikki said........

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Cool Hand Luke is the best prison movie hands down.

as for the best Warden, well I'm still undecided.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally posted by n7of9

STUPID, did you say STUPID!!!!
yup

Shawshank is awesome,

the GREEN MILE kicks ass....

and the LAST CASTLE was a pleasant surprise....

I also THE ROCK....

Fighting out of the Lions Den
All the Top nominations are gone,so I`ll nominate one of my favs from the archives:

As for Wardens,none are really standing out, but as he probably won`t get a mention otherwise,I`ll go for Eddie Alberts whimpering ego-manic in The Mean Machine.

Papillon and Cool Hand Luke tie for first place with me.

Best Warden? Eddie Albert in The Longest Yard squeeks by with the victory.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

kiss of the spider woman.

dont remember the warden though...

also, 'the story of ricky', or 'riki-oh', and whoever played giant foam-costumed satan/prison warden in that awesome piece of trash. now that was some great acting.

Michael Shanks is a God!!
What n7of9 said!

Shawshank redemption is an awesome prison movie, that I could watch over and over again, not sure for a warden....