What are the best Masaki Kobayashi films outside main 6?

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
No love for Inn of Evil!? That film was great! at least for me...
It's a 1971 Jidaigeki starring: Shintaro Katsu, Tetsuya Nakadai and Kei Sato.

The
Synopsis (Crtl C + Ctrl V ) This is the tale of a group of thieves and murderers who find it within themselves to sacrifice their lives with no hope of personal gain. Sada is an expert with knives, whose mysterious past comes to light as he leads a group of fugitives in their last-ditch battle to save their home, a dilapidated inn, which does not welcome strangers in its doors.

Havent seen other than the main 6 but black river and thick wall room sound interesting. I believe both get criterion-ed

Welcome to the human race...
I second Inn of Evil, it might well be the best of the second-tier Kobayashi films. Black River...not so much. It just struck me as a passable slice-of-life drama about a post-war small town - worth watching because of Kobayashi/Nakadai, but nothing too special.

Aside from that, I would recommend Hymn to a Tired Man. It's another post-war drama but it's got a solid dramatic hook in that a former soldier who was left disabled by his superior officers encounters him again in civilian life.

is one of those japanese gore movies?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
is one of those japanese gore movies?
?! Hahaha.

I recommend Sincere Heart. It's not a masterpiece per se, but I was greatly moved by this little flick.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Havent seen other than the main 6 but black river and thick wall room sound interesting. I believe both get criterion-ed
I will Buy You and The Inheritance are also good