First R rated movie you ever saw?

Tools    

I saw IT when i was 7 or something..scarred me for life
It was great. I think I was about 10 when I saw it and it was pretty frightening – all that stuff with the washing line and the drain . It's a great story, I think, and it's probably my favourite of Stephen King's ideas. Brilliant cast as well.

yeah,i absolutely love it-i still watch it regulary.not crazy about the last half though-it was scarier as a clown than
WARNING: spoilers below
the spider

the part with the little boy-georgie-scaried me the most.or when they go to the old ladys house.

love the cast-i esp love Tim Reid,he played the dad in sister sister which was my favourite show growing up.

I remember buying the dvd at a young age and then watching it thinking that it wasn't all that good. It ended suddenly and really weird...

Then I found out that the dvd was one of those (at the time) new and rare double-sided discs, where you had to flip it over to watch the rest.

I found out after I saw the library balloon scene on the internet, which I couldn't remember watching lol.

I saw IT when i was 7 or something..scarred me for life
I kind of forgot about IT until you mentioned it. I also saw that and Dr. Giggles when I quite young. I wouldn't say they scarred me for life, but I was afraid of watching IT again for a number of years. I've been meaning to, but I haven't gotten around to watching Dr. Giggles. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember thinking about it any time I had to go to the dentist haha.

the part with the little boy-georgie-scaried me the most.
God yeah. It's giving me the shivers thinking about it. But I think that's why It was so good – you got that strong emotional side through the film, especially the friendships.

If I can remember a specific food I was eating when I was 3 I think someone can remember a specific movie they saw at 5.
okay genius.

In the Beginning...
The first R-rated film I can remember watching was Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

My parents rented it on VHS and watched it late at night after I had gone to bed. Only I didn't actually go to sleep, and instead wandered into the living room and watched for several minutes out of sight before they realized I was there. Surprisingly, they let me finish watching the movie. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

I also remember my mom letting me watch Witness with her on TV (I can't remember if it was rented or on a movie channel), but that film came out six years before T2, so that might have been the earliest R-rated film I saw. All I can remember is laughing bashfully at the scene in which Harrison Ford's character stumbles across a young Amish woman taking a sponge bath.

Sadly, I can't remember ever seen an R-rated film with my parents until I was old enough to buy a ticket for one myself, and I honestly can't even remember the first R-rated film I saw in theaters on my own. I shudder to think how it could have been something embarrassingly asinine, like American Pie.

The first R-rated film I can remember watching was Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
The nuclear holocaust sequence in that was very disturbing. I remember seeing something where they were affected by shooting it.

No one said it was a vivid memory, but people remember different things from different ages which is why I started a thread about it. Some people can remember really random things when they're very young. Other people forget their earliest memories much more easily.

Impact matters, but age is a factor too. I really wouldn't throw "genius" around unless people professed to having photographic memories at those ages or say something even more ludicrous like they could remember the specific movies their mother was watching from inside the womb.

It might have been the Cape Fear remake, that's my earliest recollection. It was a serious eye-opener b/c that level of violence and mature themes in film was completely new to me. I must've been 6 years old att (maybe 7).

Probably The Exorcist. It came out at the movies when I was 2, and I do remember it, maybe because I had nightmares for years. I can vividly remember The Omen when I was 5.

That's nuts that you remember it at 2. I can understand though as i watched it at 7 and had nightmares for years too. I probably watched some R Rated Action film or something first i'm not sure.

the part with the little boy-georgie-scaried me the most
haha. Yeah, the way Tim Curry talks to Georgie in that scene seriously creeped me out as a kid.

"You are Georgie"

Tim Curry is amazing in that film. All of the other performances are garbage though.

I don't know if I was 2 when I saw it, because I don't know what month it came out, or how long it was out before I saw it. I may have been 3.

Some other R-rated movies before I was 10 were Omen 2, The Sentinel, Mad Max, I Spit on Your Grave, Saturday Night Fever, and The Blues Brothers. I'm sure there were many more.

For some weird reason I thought that the original Exorcist was funny as a kid, it's only years later that I watched it from a different perspective and realized how disturbing it was. William Blatty's Exorcist 3 is the movie that affectively shook me when I saw it for the first time.

For some weird reason I thought that the original Exorcist was funny as a kid, it's only years later that I watched it from a different perspective and realized how disturbing it was. William Blatty's Exorcist 3 is the movie that affectively shook me when I saw it for the first time.
I can't remember Exorcist 2 or 3, but I know I saw them.

I know my dad took me to see First Blood Part 3 in the theater, was like 11 or 12. I had two friends that were allowed to watch most of the 80's action stuff before that and I would watch them at sleepovers. That's where I saw Lethal Weapon, Predator and stuff like that for the first time. No real big scars from R rated here.