Best DVD Audio Commentary...

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I have to say Mel Brooks in Spaceballs. I always liked his since he tells you a lot of interesting stuff. What are some of your guys' favorites?

"I can't help it..."
My favorite audio commentary's-

Cannibal! The Musical - Trey Parker & the rest of the cast get drunk and watch the movie... hilarious!

El Mariachi & Desperado - Robert Rodriguez tells us everything we wanted to know & more...

From Dusk Till Dawn - Two of todays best directors/writers team up & tell us everything to know about this bloodfest.

Boogie Nights - P.T. Anderson talks about how he got ideas & so on & so forth... great!
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by liam5000
Cannibal! The Musical - Trey Parker & the rest of the cast get drunk and watch the movie... hilarious!
I'm going to have to check this one out- is the movie itself, I assume, both a comedy and a musical?

The best audio commentary for a DVD has GOT to be "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back". Jason Mewes is absolutely BAKED for the whole thing.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong finds that the most interesting commentaries are often done by film historians.

The woman that did the commentary for Sturges' The Lady Eve was phenomenal.

The historian that did the commentaries for Truffaut's The 400 Blows and Jules and Jim was also very good.

If you want a pretty funny commentary, listen to the one on Can't Hardly Wait. It's the writers and directors and some actors along with Seth Green. At times its funnier than watching the movie.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Slap Shot (25th Anniversary Special Edition), the audio commentary is done by the Hanson brothers.

The movie is based on the Johnstown Jets, a real minor league hockey team.

The Hanson's (Steve Carlson, Jeff Carlson, Dave Hanson) explain that most of the situations in Slap Shot were based on actual events in the season of the Jets.

I liked Roger Ebert's Commentary on the Casablanca DVD, and the Family Guy DVD commentaries are funny as hell.

Most of the Kevin Smith ones are good.

For another funny one, check out Dog Soldiers.

Feed me breadcrumbs
Originally Posted by Dodger
Most of the Kevin Smith ones are good.

For another funny one, check out Dog Soldiers.

He beat me to my favorite (dog soldiers)

I suppose I wouldn't have to mention the LOTR EE's they have I think four different comentaries with each movie from funny to completely serious, esoteric to technical... and with 10 hours of commentaries for each film it certainly becomes cost effective.

Originally Posted by Creed
I suppose I wouldn't have to mention the LOTR EE's they have I think four different comentaries with each movie from funny to completely serious, esoteric to technical... and with 10 hours of commentaries for each film it certainly becomes cost effective.
I agree. I've only watched about half of them for both and it's not boring but very informative and everytime I finish I feel so happy that they made those films and compltetly appreciative all the work it took for them to make them.

The Strongest Girl Alive
Originally Posted by Creed
He beat me to my favorite (dog soldiers)

I also agree, I can hardly wait till ROTK EE comes out cuz I love these commentaries, especially the cast. I think Dom Monaghan and Billy Boyd are hilarious. they're bad little hobbits's hehehe

The commentary in The Thing with Kurt Russell and John Carpenter is very imformative and entertaining. As is the one in Big trouble in little China again with Kurt and John.

Resident Metro-Sexual
I agree with liam5000 Cannibal: The Musical is a great commentary
as well as all of the commentaries on Mr. Show all the eps are great especially when they improv different characters to join them. Cant wait for season 4 on tuesday.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I really like the Roger Ebert's commentary on Dark City.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Werner Herzog's commentary on Aguirre, The Wrath Of God is excellent. The story of how they made the movie and what went on is as good as the movie itself.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Werner Herzog's commentary on Aguirre, The Wrath Of God is excellent. The story of how they made the movie and what went on is as good as the movie itself.
Herzog's take on Fitzcarraldo is also excellent...

Memories of a fun-filled shoot including:
  • Three plane crashes (only one guy was paralysed though, and Werner bought him a shop. So that's ok.)
  • A member of the crew being bitten by a deadly snake and hacking his own foot off with a chainsaw before the venom took hold.
  • Countless tales of Kinski's tantrums...with added Ocelot chucking.
  • A Native Chief offering to help Herzog by murdering his leading man.

Priceless.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Herzog's take on Fitzcarraldo is also excellent...

Memories of a fun-filled shoot including:
  • Three plane crashes (only one guy was paralysed though, and Werner bought him a shop. So that's ok.)
  • A member of the crew being bitten by a deadly snake and hacking his own foot off with a chainsaw before the venom took hold.
  • Countless tales of Kinski's tantrums...with added Ocelot chucking.
  • A Native Chief offering to help Herzog by murdering his leading man.

Priceless.
Yeah, I liked his comments in Fitzcaraldo for the same reasons as Aguirre. Small wonder there are a couple of films about Herzog and Kinski themselves - what a pair!