MovieMeditation’s Diary Reviews // “Come and meditate with me!”

→ in
Tools    

I enjoyed [Rec] and haven't seen the remake. The main character got on my nerves a tiny bit but I cut her some slack- I'd probably be a little hysterical in a zombie outbreak too and it makes me think- mass hysteria :

Agree there were parts that lagged but I hadn't lost interest by the time they reached the top floor. Your review of Quarantine might convince me to give it a watch.

Rec is a great film but, aside from that, I'm not clear on why your main criticism of it is that there is nothing new or revolutionary and it is predictable ... and yet you like the remake? Surely the remake is even less new and revolutionary seeing as how it is a remake?

BTW, haven't seen Quarantine but I will watch it today to compare.

I enjoyed [Rec] and haven't seen the remake. The main character got on my nerves a tiny bit but I cut her some slack- I'd probably be a little hysterical in a zombie outbreak too and it makes me think- mass hysteria :

Agree there were parts that lagged but I hadn't lost interest by the time they reached the top floor. Your review of Quarantine might convince me to give it a watch.
I wouldn't say I had lost interest, it only got better, but after the movie finished and when looking at it as a whole, I don't think it gave me enough to make up for the slower parts. That's where Quarantine delivers!

That said, I doubt I'll find anyone out there who likes Quarantine - especially not someone who prefers it over the original...

Rec is a great film but, aside from that, I'm not clear on why your main criticism of it is that there is nothing new or revolutionary and it is predictable ... and yet you like the remake? Surely the remake is even less new and revolutionary seeing as how it is a remake?

BTW, haven't seen Quarantine but I will watch it today to compare.
It's not my main criticism, but it seems to be people's main argument on why it's great. Therefore I brought it up...

If you watch Quarantine be prepared that it is basically the same film, so look for places where the two differ from each other. Also, the remake is more of a fun crazy rollercoaster ride when you reach the end, unlike the original which tries to be more scary. The night vision part is superior in REC, but when all hell breaks loose I think Quaratine does better.

And yeah, I guess it's very much would you would expect from an American remake...

That last line doesn't fill me with confidence but I'll go in with an open mind I think I'm one of the few people that likes Devil so I at least have some respect for the director.

It's October and now I'm curious to see how the two compare. Placed a hold on Quarantine from the library.

Ew, what a nasty bitch.

Such childish behavior too. Guess that's why you connect with her, Swan?
Indeed. I'm a kid at heart. That's a good thing.

GUYS (and girls)!! Can I say something?

I'm pretty sure you'll all absolutely hate Quarantine... I don't know why I like it, I guess it's part nostagia and part guilty pleasure and part seeing-the-remake-first. We all have that one movie we like no matter how much everybody else hates it, but I guess Quarantine is that movie for me.

I'm sorry if you waste 90 minutes of your life. Don't blame me!

It's October and now I'm curious to see how the two compare. Placed a hold on Quarantine from the library.
Should be easy to get a hold off. There's probably 10+ copies available... You might even get to keep it afterwards just so they can get rid of them all.

They'll hate it, if they have any sense in them.

Master of My Domain
I agree with your rating and review of Rec, but you preferring Quaratine is utterly beyond me.

Uhh... as I said nice review though!

January 3rd

Hellraiser (1987)
-

I think it was a bad idea to show Pinhead that clearly in the first couple of minutes of the movie, it really made him appear less intimidating right from the start.

Also, I will also just come with something right from the beginning here: Pinhead felt like a cool character but honestly totally out of place in this story in my opinion. He just popped up once in a while and never felt entirely threatening, which was most likely because of bad scriptwriting and story build-up. The acting was fine, but the story was so incomplete that it felt like an entire novel desperately turned into a 1,5 hour picture. It never finished all of what it had started and appeared quite messy overall – even considering that it wasn’t exactly what you would call a big and wide-reaching movie. But I really liked the fun and pretty well done practical effects, and the idea of the blood bringing you back etc. Overall I just wasn’t impressed at all though…

I saw it when it came out and remember it really gave me the creeps in the sense of physical horror. (tearing flesh appart etc.), but much less psychologically, so again I agree.

Damn! You still going strong, Beatle!?

I totally didn't think you would continue. You still plan to go through it all? Anyways man, I appreciate it so much no matter how much or how little you read and I'm glad you like my reviews. Awesome that we once again agree.

Damn! You still going strong, Beatle!?

I totally didn't think you would continue. You still plan to go through it all? Anyways man, I appreciate it so much no matter how much or how little you read and I'm glad you like my reviews. Awesome that we once again agree.
Why not? I mean I really will continue! Every single one! I'll even watch all those i haven't seen. Thanks, man. I'll read the entire thread. Boy, have you got a thing coming about us agreeing! Not that we'll disagree, this time we'll agree so much, it'll blow the whole net off!

Some neat Hellraiser scenes:

Haha those gif's are awesome!

Why not? I mean I really will continue! Every single one! I'll even watch all those i haven't seen. Thanks, man. I'll read the entire thread. Boy, have you got a thing coming about us agreeing! Not that we'll disagree, this time we'll agree so much, it'll blow the whole net off!
Man, looks like you've become my new #1 follower! You're hella crazy, Beatle, but how can I complain about a guy who actually wants to do precisely what would be my biggest wish when it comes to reviewing movies - actually read every single one I do. Mother of God... Uh, anyways, as I said you can read as many as you like and comment as much as you like, I'm not going to be the judge of what you do - in the end, I can't thank you enough for doing that but please don't kill yourself in the progress!

Thanks again, Beatle!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
MovieMeditation presents...
HIS FILM DIARY 2015
total movie count ........... current day count
255 .......................... 280

August 19th

—— 2007 ——
[·REC]
—— horror ——

-

I have no words...

Anyway, I'm sorry for being absent from this for so long, I'm looking through it now, but I couldn't pass this without doing something