Favorite Metal album?

Tools    

Who's going to believe a talking head?
I'm a big metal fan! I think Iron Maiden's Powerslave or Black Sabbath's Black Sabbath are my favourite metal albums.

Share your favorite metal album!

Eh, suppose it can be argued. See it more as a template for what would become metal but wouldn't categorise it as such.

The album Paranoid is most definitely heavy metal and indeed a template as you say.

Paranoid is a favourite of mine too Iroquois. I was brought up on Black Sabbath and have most of the albums on record(the rest on cd) thanks to hand me downs. Love the band.

In which case I add Masters of Reality. Just hear their influence the most in bands that you wouldn't consider metal and think of them more as sludgy, bluesy rock

Appetite For Destruction

The Number Of The Beast

Blackout In The Red Rooml

Paranoid

Back In Black

A few that, on another day, might make it.

Electric

Metallica

British Steel

Chappie doesn't like the real world
GWAR-Scumdogs of the Universe

Might be pushing the boundaries of metal a little bit, but fits in metal better that anywhere else I suppose.

Best concert I ever went to. You know you've had fun when you come home covered in fake blood!

That first one looks like your avatar (but is slightly different). Would it be wise to assume you have some special relationship with it?

I barely listen to metal, but I should, because it's probably the only serious form of rock music there is.

That first one looks like your avatar (but is slightly different). Would it be wise to assume you have some special relationship with it?

I barely listen to metal, but I should, because it's probably the only serious form of rock music there is.
Yessir it is very special to me. I almost quit writing after hearing it actually haha but yes you should listen to metal because of exactly what you said. It's virtually the only progressing genre around anymore.

My favourite 5 metal albums:
1. Don't Break The Oath -Mercyful Fate

2. Screaming for Vengeance -Judas Priest
3. Morbid Tales - Celtic Frost
4. Covenant - Morbid Angel
5. The Jester Race - In Flames

I would put Altars Of Madness or Blessed Are The Sick ahead of Covenant but at least there's another Morbid Angel fan here. Also really like Mercyful Fate, have you heard Emperor's cover of Gypsy?

Why do you pick these over the bands' other albums: Morbid Tales and The Jester Race