Suspect's Short Films

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I was putting in $500 of my own money. I had an additional $250 from the DOP.

The cash wasn't the MAIN issue, it was lack of people and interest. I needed the DOP to get some shots on Halloween night, she lets me know Frida that she can't do it. I didn't have access to a camera either.

So instead of rushing it, I'll hopefully have it for next year.

Suspect's Reviews

Am wondering if there are any takers on a 90 some odd page "horror" script I wrote. Looking to get some feedback and anyone with about an hour or two (depending on how fast you read) of free time wanna take a look at it?

PM me and I can email a copy over.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Good stuff!

Got a short script going into production. The Producer loved it, wanted to change some aspects, which was fine with me. The final product is good me thinks.

On top of that, they want to expand the story into a feature and get (hopefully) Stephen McHattie to play the lead. So now I have the task of trying to expand a 7 page short into a 90 page feature. Excited, scared, all of it. The main issue is coming up with a story that can serve 90 minutes.

A poster for a script I wrote, the director did some re-writes so he threw his name on writing credits too. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.

I really love that Poster both the first and second they are great, whoever designed them have great minds !

On the first page I put a link to FunyorDie for a video I did in class called "The AWkward Conversation". I posted that in 2008.

So link to original:

The Awkward Conversation

I found this yesterday:

sayyyyyyyy whaaaaaaaat?!?!?!!?!?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They stole and remade your movie with no permission? Did you leave a post calling them out? Plagiarism is rampant around here!

Semper Fooey
You got ripped, but I thought the one with the black guy and the white son was funnier because the father there was a better actor.

Well, the big difference is they are actors, the people in mine aren't. I tried contacting the uploader, to no avail. The production quality is terrible in my opinion, specifically the sound. I don't want my name attached to it.

Semper Fooey
I don't remember where I saw it, but there is some version from years ago, where the little kid ends up explaining it to the father from what he learned in sex education.

So there's a link to the completed film.

I gotta say, while I like how they shot it, they completely changed the script. The story is the same: God and the Devil sitting on a bench discussing the fate of humanity. But all the dialogue is different, they changed the devil to a woman and they made it preachy, whereas my original story had a slight twist with The Devil being the one who created everyone and spawned a God for them to "praise".

While I don't hate their story, it just feels weird to see it done so completely differently. Which is why I guess he decided to put his name down as a co-writer. I would have been more satisfied if it said "story by" instead.

At least they kinda kept the ending the same.

It's still cool (in my mind) that someone saw my script online and now there is a short film out there.

EDIT - They obviously changed the title too, the POSTERS for the film are a few posts up ^^^