I'm Making a War Movie. Read what it's all about and then tell me what you think...

Tools    

Do you like my movie idea?
27.27%
3 votes
Yeah, it's cool - go for it
36.36%
4 votes
It's OK.
36.36%
4 votes
I've seen better.
0%
0 votes
Seen Red Dawn?
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Hi. I've been gone a while, flew down to Denver and back. (I live in a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio) Since August 17, I've been working on a script about a futuristic war (No special effects... read on to find out) and I'm calling it "Militia". Here's the story, please don't copy it, I will sue : The draft has been called back into order, thus sending father's to war. But, an unexpected toll has happened. The enemy invaded the U.S.A. through Canada. Soldiers were sent to the front to hold back the invasion, and they partially succedded. Only 100,000 enemy troops broke through. Now, by order of the President, Militia's must be formed consisting of Citizen Soldiers. The main character, Captain Harry Bennet, is assigined to a Militia with seven soldeirs. He is there leader. This paricular Militia has a secret mission- to stop enemy troops through breaking though a deserted area. So, this is their frontline- a suburban neighborhood complete with a suburban school with surrounding woods. Here's the thing with no special effects: Only Harry and his men see and know what they're fighting, the audience does not. For all we know, they could be fighting Aliens. The suspense point is that you never see the enemy. Cool, huh? This carry's on throughout the rest of the movie, until the end. A dark night. Harry is in the street, the lone survivor of his destroyed Militia. Out of the bush's, a dark figure emerges. This is it- the enemy. All the audience sees is black clothing or skin, who knows what it is- but it's not identifiable. Harry is shot at, but with all his strenght, he retaliates and the enemy falls. The last words Harry says are "Last one standing!" And he falls, dead. The Credits role. What do you guys thing? Let me know and I'll answer later this moring, 'cuz I'm off to bed. Oh, and I changed my signature. Happy, now?

Do you know my poetry?
Its not really a bad idea, I kinda like that they neever show the enemy, I thought that was a good idea for the script.I too kinda wanna know what the enemy is.

Do you know my poetry?
I too am writing a screenplay titled "Twist".I am currently just brainstorming havn't really written that much but I'll start on the first draft as soon as I have all my characters, but I dont wanna reveal the plot at this time till I'm done with my first draft.I just hope my friends like my idea.

I just hope my friends like my idea.
Yeah, that non-industry peer pressure is a killer...

Why wasn't there a poll option for people who thought your idea sucked absolute and unequivocally?

I think you should make the enemy Barney the purple dinosaur, I know I'd be scared, please... for me?

Originally Posted by Rabid_Imp
I think you should make the enemy Barney the purple dinosaur, I know I'd be scared, please... for me?
Well, I've already gotten one request to put in a scene where a soldier tells his girlfriend goodbye, and he never comes back. Sorry, I won't put Barney in. Just use your imagination and imagine him. It'll do wonders.

It sounds a little like Red Dawn meets Signs...

Thank you for fixing your signature...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Well, I've already gotten one request to put in a scene where a soldier tells his girlfriend goodbye, and he never comes back.
But this would have more credibility and originality!

Seriously though, it seems an alright premise, certainly better than the recent rubbish we've been receiving. i.e terminator3. Go for it.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn

Thank you for fixing your signature...
Deja vu! Well, not exactly. That's exactly what my Dad said! He laughed at me about it, but I don't care. And, speaking of my signature, I wanted to lower the font size but the stupid code erased it, and I didn't want to go through all that again, so I just took a short quote from The Terminator.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I think it is a good ingredient in a good film but it is not enough to base an entire movie on, IMO. You need something more. Why are they all black? What do they want? What do you want to tell with this story? And you need some side stories and interesting characters. But you know that of course. I think that you will have to come up with something exciting to keep the interest of the audience up until they find out what these creatures really look like. Suspense is good, but you don't want the suspense to transform into boredom, know what I mean?

Let us know how it all goes!

P.S. Thanks for changing the sig D.S.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

On another note are you just writing the script or hoping to do a Sam Raimi and direct it aswell?

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I think it is a good ingredient in a good film but it is not enough to base an entire movie on, IMO. You need something more. Why are they all black? What do they want? What do you want to tell with this story? And you need some side stories and interesting characters. But you know that of course. I think that you will have to come up with something exciting to keep the interest of the audience up until they find out what these creatures really look like. Suspense is good, but you don't want the suspense to transform into boredom, know what I mean?

Let us know how it all goes!

P.S. Thanks for changing the sig D.S.
Well, I agree with you. But I do plan on keeping it suspenseful and exciting- not boring. Keep in mind, you haven't seen the movie yet, so you have no idea as to what I have up my sleeve. And as to why they're all black- it's not their clothes or skin, or is it? That scene where Harry shoots the enemy is where the audience see's it's figure, not it's true body Understand what I'm saying? I shoulda mentioned that in the beginning, but I could never really put it into words... but then again, since we never the enemy, it could be their skin or clothes... that's the point in the movie where the audience uses their imagination, sort of like Alfred Hitchcock, know what I mean? And believe me, I will notify you all of its outcome. Wish me luck!

Originally Posted by Rabid_Imp
On another note are you just writing the script or hoping to do a Sam Raimi and direct it aswell?
Write, direct, producing, editing, acting... I'm doing it all, baby.

wow, well best of luck to you. It's gonna be hard but I'm sure you'll get through it. Please tell us how it all goes

Here's the scoop on production terms: Militia won't go into production until Spring of 2004 or Summer of 2004. If it is shot in the spring, then it should be complete in June or July. But that's rushing it. If we take our time, which is what I'll try my best to most certainly do, production will begin either in the Spring of 2004, carry on to the Summer, and wrap it up, editing, DVD's and all, and will be complete for ordering in mid-to-the-end of July, early August 2004. If it is shot in the Summer of 2004, editing and all will most likely commense in mid August, and we'll schedule a release date for either the fall or the winter (Most likely December) of 2004. There ya go. Until next time...

P.S.- I've already started to assemble the cast.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I was about to say that myself, but I feel that Signs failed when the alien was uncovered. I like this idea of invisible enemy better, leaves more to imagination.