Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

Got halfway through this Flynn Berry book & bailed out just in time to get a refund. Book meandered all over the place. One of those books where, each time I picked it up, I had forgotten all the different characters again & had to figure out again who they were.

@Rey Skywalker, try this one by Claire Fuller. It’s very good.
Will do!

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Sartre never was my favourite philosopher. I haven't read The age of reason. What do you think about it? What is your rating?

Sartre never was my favourite philosopher. I haven't read The age of reason. What do you think about it? What is your rating?
idk, not sure with rating book. Probably 7-8 kind of feeling, could be great but through last few chapters the climax bit off putting
not sure how much can grasp it for now, but the thoughts, the dilemma he want to convey was interesting and the characters was meticulously written. the word exist, existence that circulated in character mind could be redundant and sometimes too much for emphasized - also there sometimes this "overdone" feel for figure of speech in character mind (probably more like local translation problem tho') -

the actual plot seems it could be solve relatively easy lol probably the idea just barely non exist pre world war or sartre just take convenience on that

Thing is, feel, he incited and questioned, implied idea that thing is essential for human existence but not so much for definite conclusion, yet, like how to properly cope with. Probably related because it was first book from the trilogy and part of his non essay idk

Thanks for your replay. I think I now now what is my proble with Sartre - I treat him as a philosopher than a writer. Maybe I should change my attitiude?

mm i guess so it was a really nice narrative to follow. Throw away (if) imposed philosophical idea and we got human characters that contradicting and questioning the choices they had/will make in life

It was my first with sartre tho' have you read other of his before
@Ms. M?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

This is hard to judge. I give the author credit for embarking on this, especially considering he'd only write about non-living figures (Spencer Tracy, W.C. Fields). However, I don't know how hard he worked on this. Much of it I've read from Mort's own autobiography, as well as a recent book on comedy by Gerald Nachman, and the rest I've read from the top newspaper results. Jim Curtis says he was a fan since the 60s, so I expected more, especially considering he told the audience he has over 40 hours of tape, and that Mort was very co-operative and that there was nothing off-limits. For me, any information I learn about Mort is A+.

mm i guess so it was a really nice narrative to follow. Throw away (if) imposed philosophical idea and we got human characters that contradicting and questioning the choices they had/will make in life

It was my first with sartre tho' have you read other of his before
@Ms. M?
I haven't read this one. I read The Wall few years ago and it wasn't nothing special IMO. I even barely remember, what was it about.

Read a couple of the stories, but not quite my cup of tea. Or maybe I just didn’t want to pay for a book I wasn’t mad about. Returned for a refund.

Read a couple of the stories, but not quite my cup of tea. Or maybe I just didn’t want to pay for a book I wasn’t mad about. Returned for a refund.
Do you own a book Stirch ?

I own hundreds of books. All hardcover after I threw out all my softcover books since I now consider them to be tacky. Switched to Kindle, which I never thought I would do. Will go & count how many Kindle books I own.

Lost count, but over 100 Kindle books.

I own hundreds of books. All hardcover after I threw out all my softcover books since I now consider them to be tacky. Switched to Kindle, which I never thought I would do. Will go & count how many Kindle books I own.

Lost count, but over 100 Kindle books.
I found my copy of Charles Dickens' Christmas Books today, which is virtually brand new – and the newness and smell of the paper just brought back good memories.

I think I'd still get a Kindle or similar device in the future though, as I like the space-saving/accessibility aspects. However I think in terms of reading something new I'd always want a physical book in my hand.

I use the Kindle app on my iPad. I will never return to a real book. What I like best is that no matter how big the book is, it still weighs nothing on my iPad. Also, the iPad is backlit so no need to bother with reading lights in bed, which is where I mostly read. Great innovation the iPad & the Kindle app.

I own hundreds of books. All hardcover after I threw out all my softcover books since I now consider them to be tacky.
Don't judge a book by it's cover