Great Music Movie Moments

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
The End - The Doors. The opening scene of Apocalypse Now! (1979) when the napalm explodes in the jungle. It just takes one sec, and you're totally absorbed by the movie.

Bombtrack - Rage Against The Machine. Mickey and Mallory break out from prison in Natural Born Killers (1994) and start a riot. Ultraviolent adrenaline rush.

Where Is My Mind? - Pixies. Norton and Bonham Carter characters stand and watch the skyscrapers explode in Fight Club (1999). The best scene of the movie.

Slow Ride - Foghat. Pink, Wooderson and the others in the car the morning after a long night's partying on their way to buy Aerosmith tickets. Closing scene of Dazed and Confused (1993).

Police and Thieves - Junior Marvin. One of the ganja cultivators making his way through their indoor weed forest in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998). Makes me smile.

Pretty much every song in Easy Rider (1969).

Fight the Power - Public Enemy. The song pumping out of Radio Raheem's ghetto blaster in Do the Right Thing (1989). Perhaps the best hip hop track ever.

Heart of the Sunrise - Yes. The song accompaning the fantasy/shooting sequence where the images freeze in Buffalo 66 (1998). Cool song in a very cool scene.

I bet you all have favourite moments in film that are being a little extra special because of the song playing in the background. Come on! Bring it!!!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

You’ve already named some great ones Piddy… One of my favorite scenes is in The Crow when Eric is running across the roof tops and Dead Souls - by NIN is playing… I’ll think of some more and add them...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Sounds good, Caitlyn. I can't exactly hear that song from The Crow in my head but I remember there is great music in it.

Rammstein - Rammstein. I don't remember exactly what scene in Lost Highway (1997) this song is playing in, but I think it is when Bill Pullman is running in some corridor. Anyway, a perfect song for that scene. I always think of Lost Highway when I hear it.