Name the Movie - Like Marathon man

Tools    

Hey,

I'm trying to rememeber the name of this movie. All I remember is a scene where a man is brought into a room and sat at a desk, where he is basically threatened by someone mafia/bad corp type, and they torture him by using his smoking weakness. He smokes a cigarette and they explain that every time smokes his wife will be tortured, and then he sees through a two-way mirror his wife in a little room being electrocuted. It's from the 70's or 80's and thinking of it reminds me of marathon man.

Hey,

I'm trying to rememeber the name of this movie. All I remember is a scene where a man is brought into a room and sat at a desk, where he is basically threatened by someone mafia/bad corp type, and they torture him by using his smoking weakness. He smokes a cigarette and they explain that every time smokes his wife will be tortured, and then he sees through a two-way mirror his wife in a little room being electrocuted. It's from the 70's or 80's and thinking of it reminds me of marathon man.

Cat's Eye (1985 - Lewis Teague)

Don't know how you get a Marathon Man vibe from this, but it's the Horror anthology Cat's Eye (1985), sometimes called Stephen King's Cat's Eye. There are three stories, the first being the segment you remembered, "Quitters, Inc." where James Woods stars as the man going to extreme lengths to quit smoking. Comedian Alan King plays the head of the corporation that will stop at nothing, including torture of loved ones, to get the result their client has paid them for.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra