Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Ben Stiller's masterpiece...this brilliant lampoon of Apocolypse Now and Hearts of Darkness is brilliantly mounted and caustically funny, featuring Oscar-worthy performances from Robert Downey Jr., Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey, and Nick Nolte...everything works here. Upping my original rating.

I love this movie, for me it's

Weird story, but very entertaining. First time for me seeing Claire Foy - excellent actress.

Boyz N The Hood 1991

This was on the telly, I watched it maybe a hundred times when I was a kid but not for many years, still holds up.. think I'll have to watch Menace II Society soon

A Prayer Before Dawn (2017) Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire

A British boxer performing in Thailand is arrested for possession of drugs. In prison, he fond a difficult environment and eventually there religion, Muay Thai. If you understand what Muay Thai means for the people in Thailand you will probably enjoy this movie. Is based on true story, is filmed with real prisoners, in a real prison. For those who follow Vice, you've probably see this documentary, some of the fighters there appear in this movie.
I have no idea what Muay Thai means and didn't get the sense of the character in the movie finding the religion, just maybe following the customs to be respectful of it. I was really fascinated by Thailand from this movie, I loved it and rated it higher than you.
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Last night, after watching "The Da Vinci Code", I watched.

Angels & Demons
(2009)
3/5

The Mule (2018)

+

Good flick that moves at a nice pace. I kept thinking, why can't I get a job like that? Meanwhile, my wife kept saying to me, why can't you get a job like that? Clint is special, always has been and always will be. Nice supporting cast as well, even if there were no memorable performances.

Chef 2014

2nd rewatch, nice simple movie about good living and good food, no guns no death no murder it was nice

I have no idea what Muay Thai means and didn't get the sense of the character in the movie finding the religion, just maybe following the customs to be respectful of it. I was really fascinated by Thailand from this movie, I loved it and rated it higher than you.
I did a research on Muay Thai after seeing this small video. Muay Thai in Thailand is more than just a sport, is near a religion, something comparable might be perhaps some forms of kung fu. About the ranking, I didn't like to rank things to begin with, but since this thread is about ranking I started doing it. If I rank something 3/5, it means is enjoyable to watch and worth mentioning.

Lucky (2017) John Carroll Lynch

Lucky: It's all going to go away. You, you, you, you me, this cigarette, everything... into blackness, the void. And nobody's in charge, and you're left with... ungatz.
Elaine : And what do you do with that?
Howard : What do you do with that?
Lucky : You smile.
No other actor I miss the most.
You are nobody.

Unregistered User
Leave No Trace (2018) -

Suicide Squad (2016) -

Phantom Lady (1944) -

Don't worry, He Wont Get Far on Foot (2018) -

The Breadwinner (2017) -

Not much here story wise. A dog is reincarnated a few times and shares the experience of being a different breed with a different owner in each life. Some owners are good, some not so good. Not all the stories worked but it's enjoyable enough.

EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Welcome to the human race...
The 6th Day -

what if you mashed up Total Recall with one of those JCVD movies where he had a double

Endless re-watch appeal...Crystal and Ryan's chemistry is magical with a sharp assist from director Rob Reiner, but the real star of this movie is Nora Ephron's Oscar-nominated screenplay.