Ted Lasso

Tools    

Watched an episode of this for the first time and couldnt get into it...I'm a sports fan, but Sudeikis's accent was distracting to me, and the jokes weren't really my style.

Watched an episode of this for the first time and couldnt get into it...I'm a sports fan, but Sudeikis's accent was distracting to me, and the jokes weren't really my style.
This is months later, but for what it's worth, I had a similar reaction at first but I liked it more as it went on. It's very much character-based comedy, so it needs the viewer to get a sense of everyone to find their interactions funny or, in this case, funny because they're so apropos.

Anyway, few episodes into the third season now, should be caught up soon.

Fans of the series might be interested in checking out an Apple TV musical special headlined by Hannah Waddingham, who played Rebecca on the show, called Hannah Waddingham:
Home for Christmas
, which features the actress showing off her powerhouse pipes and guest appearances from Leslie Odom Jr and cameos from several Ted Lasso cast members. I've reviewed the show on my review thread.

What accent?

Assuming that's a real question, I think it was some kind of southern accent, but it came off odd to me.

Oh, ok, didn't really bother me, I just thought it effectively reminded us that Ted Lasso was basically a fish out of water here, evidenced in the expressions and stories he would tell the team that would just draw blank expressions from the team.

The character Ted Lasso, as well as Jason Sudeikis in real life, are both from Kansas City, MO. I reckon it is a regional Midwest-ish American accent, likely exaggerated for comic effect, though I can't vouch for how accurate it is or isn't. For a fictional character on a dramady I had zero issues with it. It is nowhere near as pronounced nor heavy as say Julia Garner's portrayal of Ruth Langmore's accent on "Ozark", which is set in a much more rural (fictional) section of Missouri.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra