What is your favorite dream sequence in a film?

Tools    

The dream sequence in Alfred Hitchcocks Spellbound.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
My favourite dream sequences is not in a film, but a tv show.

Suspect's Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
All the dreams in Freud, Altered States, American Werewolf in London and the crazy one in Stranger on the Third Floor.
Starts at about 34:30

The dream sequence in the original Nightmare On Elm Street where Nancy is running up the stairs and the staircase starts to melt..creepy, surreal imagery that's stayed with me ever since I saw it as a kid.

The loop sequence in Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Dream Master is genuinely unsettling too. I've had nightmares in which I am in a perpetual cycle, and I think this is one of the few dream sequences in the entire series that really captures the surrealism of being in such a loop.

I also like Arthur's zero gravity dream in Inception. Visually exciting stuff.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
The first 110 minutes of Mulholland Dr.
I watched for the first time on thursday, but not before seeing this spoiler, cheers.

I liked the one in Papillon, whilst Steve Mcqueens in solitary confinement.
A bit unsettling but a very good scene.

There are many notable dream sequences in film. In live action film, Vertigo's dream sequence is specially memorable, as the multiple dream sequences of Kile Reese in The Terminator of the post-apocalyptic world. The Sarah Connor dream sequences are also very cool (this is an heavily edited video, but still quite good):

The dream sequence in 8 1/2 is also very memorable and perhaps the best dream sequence in live action cinema:

In animation my favorite dream sequence is of course, Nausicaa's dream sequence in Nausicaa, which is also my favorite dream sequence overall. Some screencaps of the dreamsequence:

The most loathsome of all goblins
I watched for the first time on thursday, but not before seeing this spoiler, cheers.
I hope that wink means you aren't serious. Now I feel kinda bad.

Of course, that's far from being the only interpretation. It's simply the most obvious one.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I hope that wink means you aren't serious. Now I feel kinda bad.

Of course, that's far from being the only interpretation. It's simply the most obvious one.
No I am serious lol. Don't worry about it at all, it's my own fault for not seeing one of the best movies of the last 20 years for so long. Also I'm familiar with Lynch's other stuff so it's hardly a surprise to have dream sequences/strange things going on.

The Cell. All the dream-world stuff. Very cool. Very underrated movie.

But especially this:

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The recurring dreams Bruce Willis has in 12 Monkeys add to the depth and the experience of the film.

Belle de Jour has lots of dream scene (like fantasy), in fact not clearly understand, is it dream scene or real?
that's why i like
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Heinlein