Broke my wrist!!!

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Sorry about the PT not being fun. And yes, McDonald's basic coffee is pretty darn good. And cheap! Around here, any size (even the gargantuan one) runs about a dollar. All the McDonald's stores around here went space-age, so I know exactly what you're talking about. They've completely done away with the bright colors and kid-friendly atmosphere in favor of sleek and barren. With more kiosks than actual employees.

Sorry about the PT not being fun. And yes, McDonald's basic coffee is pretty darn good. And cheap! Around here, any size (even the gargantuan one) runs about a dollar. All the McDonald's stores around here went space-age, so I know exactly what you're talking about. They've completely done away with the bright colors and kid-friendly atmosphere in favor of sleek and barren. With more kiosks than actual employees.
PT was fine. Me feeling sorry for myself.

My coffee was over a dollar for a small one.

I think I saw the kiosks. Will try one next time. I was mighty confused at first as to where exactly I procure a coffee. Until the counter person popped up.

I think I saw the kiosks. Will try one next time. I was mighty confused at first as to where exactly I procure a coffee. Until the counter person popped up.
Yeah, at a few of the McD's here, the counter people tend to hide in the back and only pop out if you cough loudly.

@Austruck, Had fun with the kiosks today. Coffee not as hot as Dunkin so that’s a point against McCafe.

Most amusing to listen to classical music there today. Nobody seemed upset by it & I’ve often wondered why it’s not played in other places. Turns out it was Radio WRTI out of Philly, which is the station I listen to every day. Who would have thunk it.

As I looked around the place more fully today, I noticed they even have Picasso-like wall art. And the kitchen is completely hidden there behind like raffia screens.

Cried a lot at physical therapy today. She had taped my hand last week & unfortunately today it was a battle to get the tape off. We lost half my appointment trying to get the tape off. She didn’t know how sensitive my skin is. Now she knows.

Cried a lot at physical therapy today. She had taped my hand last week & unfortunately today it was a battle to get the tape off. We lost half my appointment trying to get the tape off. She didn’t know how sensitive my skin is. Now she knows.
Oh dear, that sounds particularly nasty. If you're like me, you also hated having to let a parent rip off a Band-Aid. I still don't like doing that to this day. Sounds like a MAJOR version of that. Blech.

In my mom's last years, a simple Band Aid could tear her skin. I remember a nurse showing her how to use gauze on wounds and apply tape to the gauze to keep it in place.
"Never let tape or adhesive touch the skin," she told us.

Oh dear, that sounds particularly nasty. If you're like me, you also hated having to let a parent rip off a Band-Aid. I still don't like doing that to this day. Sounds like a MAJOR version of that. Blech.
Never had a problem with Bandaids. She had suggested at one time that I remove the tape at home with olive oil if I wanted to. I would have FREAKED if I had done this & the tape wouldn’t come off.

In my mom's last years, a simple Band Aid could tear her skin. I remember a nurse showing her how to use gauze on wounds and apply tape to the gauze to keep it in place.
"Never let tape or adhesive touch the skin," she told us.
Gee, I never knew this. The first time this ever happened to me.

She was very gentle today. It’s a small place where we do therapy & everyone knows me now as the cry baby.

So sorry to hear that! That sounds horrendous. PT in general is harder than most people realise. Sending you strength.

So sorry to hear that! That sounds horrendous. PT in general is harder than most people realise. Sending you strength.
Thanks. It’s a long slow process.

PT woman is super-nice & we have good energy. There was even a doctor there this morning getting PT.

Final X-rays & they look good. No need for more.

Wrist has “completely healed” though I still need PT twice a week. Back in one month for evaluation. Still have a fair amount of discomfort.

We had a little mishap on Monday with my PT with our first try of putty. I was able to do the exercises, but have felt it since. Doctor says I need to persevere with putty, but I will wait until my next PT appointment before I try putty again.

Disappointed this a.m. trying to wear tights. Nope, total fail trying to get them on. It will be an accomplishment if I can wear tights again. (Always had a slight difficulty wearing them. Leggings are so much easier to get on.)