Michael Moore Hates America

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I've read a little bit of information but, I'm not the best at Internet searches. If anybody's got any information on this film, I'd appreciate hearing about it. All that I've read is that it's not compleatly targeted at Michael but, the way documentaries are slanted. Here's the website. Anymore information would be nice. Thanks!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I hate Micheal Moore.He's one of the worst director's of documentaries.

Randomly visiting for now
Well his documentaries are pretty one sided (i.e. against America), but there are some interesting points he raises concerning American culture and political issues. It may seem so obviously anti-America but I think somebody has to challenge actions of the President and polititions more openely. This will obviously be very controvertial but at least it gets people talking and considering the so called 'gun culture', 'scare tactics' in the media and the 'corruption' of polititions, while none of them may be true at least raising the possibility allows people to not become brainwashed into thinking everything is perfectly fine when it's not. Feel free to offer different opinions.

The "Documenatries" are just the grand view of the public. Doesn't mean that these films or opinions are right or wrong, their just intertaining. Don't think to much of them.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Well his documentaries are pretty one sided (i.e. against America), but there are some interesting points he raises concerning American culture and political issues. It may seem so obviously anti-America but I think somebody has to challenge actions of the President and polititions more openely. This will obviously be very controvertial but at least it gets people talking and considering the so called 'gun culture', 'scare tactics' in the media and the 'corruption' of polititions, while none of them may be true at least raising the possibility allows people to not become brainwashed into thinking everything is perfectly fine when it's not. Feel free to offer different opinions.

I don't care to rehash the debate we had on this a month ago, but I will say: Spooky's absolutely right.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
I don't care to rehash the debate we had on this a month ago
Too bad, because I'm totally going to, once I get out from under a handful of projects I'm more or less consumed by right now.

To reply to Spook in a nutshell: lots of things get people talking and thinking, but that doesn't make them good. The Swift Boat Vet ads criticizing Kerry's war record certainly got people talking, but does that mean they elevated the level of public debate? Those ads, like Moore's films, do get people talking, but mere talking isn't what we lack. Rumors, gossip, and controversy all get people talking. But when we apply those same supermarket tabloid standards to politics, suddenly it's a force for good? Doesn't add up, to me.

This is, however, not a thread about Michael Moore, but about a movie about Michael Moore. A fine line, maybe, but I'll try to walk it anyway.

Originally Posted by Yoda
This is, however, not a thread about Michael Moore, but about a movie about Michael Moore. A fine line, maybe, but I'll try to walk it anyway.
It's not about him but, about the way documentaries are slanted.

I hate Micheal Moore.He's one of the worst director's of documentaries.
Are you serious???

Micheal Moore is the most gutsy, most interesting, most entertaining director of documentaries.

Micheal Moore goes where other directors don't dare to go out of fear of repercussion. He adds humor to the seriousness, and that doesn't mean its bad.

I don't think that Moore hates America, I think he might hate how it's run. Really, (i know i will get negative attention from this statement) but George W Bush is NOT doing a very good job as president. There was no need for the war. It makes me angry to hear ppl support it. People are losing their lives for what? OIL? come on!! America wasn't under attack by Iraq. Iraq is under attack by America.

Originally Posted by gummo
I don't think that Moore hates America, I think he might hate how it's run.
Moore is on record as saying "The dumbest Brit is smarter than the smartest American." He's uttered variants of this, depending on which country he's in. Furthermore, he's likened Iraqi insurgents to the Minutemen of the American Revolution, stating in no-uncertain terms that "they will win." I don't know if he "hates America," but he certainly has a distaste for it beyond the current administration.

Really, (i know i will get negative attention from this statement) but George W Bush is NOT doing a very good job as president. There was no need for the war. It makes me angry to hear ppl support it. People are losing their lives for what? OIL? come on!! America wasn't under attack by Iraq. Iraq is under attack by America.
There are many other threads dedicated to such subject. Let's try to relegate these discussions to them. I'll do my part by resisting the urge to point out that your qualms with the war are simplistic and probably parroted talking points.

I'll do my part by resisting the urge to point out that your qualms with the war are simplistic and probably parroted talking points.
Well resisted!!!

There are many other threads dedicated to such subject. Let's try to relegate these discussions to them.
I thought this was part of the "Micheal Moore Hates America " thread. So its okay to talk about Micheal Moore supposedly hating America, but not EXPLAIN why I think he just hates how it is run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
I don't care to rehash the debate we had on this a month ago
[/quote]Too bad, because I'm totally going to, once I get out from under a handful of projects I'm more or less consumed by right now. [quote]

Maybe there is another thread for that????

About the only debate that Michael Moore films bring about is someone who saw the film say "How about when Bush did this" and then someone else saying "actually, that part of the film was completely false as well." Not all that productive if you ask me.

As for this new film, I'll pay for Sky Captain and go watch it (or whatever other good movie is out when this is in the theatre... if it goes into theatre) because I dont want to support someone who will inevitably fall into all the same traps that Moore does.

Sure Moore brings up some decent points, but they are at the bottom of a 50 gallon barrel of ****. I personally dont feel like swimming in a barrel of **** just to get a rehashed critique of America that Moore stole from someone.

The fact that every terrorist organization is using Moores films as propaganda pieces should put immediate redflags in peoples brains. If perhaps Moore was telling the truth (HAH) then I may not hate him as much, but do you think that Mr. Muhommad Muhommad from Syria when being show F9/11 goes onto the internet to see for himself that the whole movie is completely madeup? It breeds hatred against americans in a land where there is already enough misguided hatred. The he compares the iraqi insurgents who are bombing red cross locations and beheading people from across the world to the American forefathers. Ya, a really classy guy.

As for the movie, it just seems like a disney special on how great america is. Hopefully the director has some unseen footage of Michael Moore at an all you can eat restaurant or something, but I wouldnt count on it.

Well, I don't believe it will come to theaters but, right to DVD. I know that I will buy this DV or at least rent it because, I hate Michael Moore and would like to finally see a film fighting back.

Well resisted!!!
Thanks!!!

I thought this was part of the "Micheal Moore Hates America " thread. So its okay to talk about Micheal Moore supposedly hating America, but not EXPLAIN why I think he just hates how it is run...
Sure, it's okay to explain (though I provided reasons why I don't think that's accurate). I'd just like to keep it to a minimum, if at all possible. No one's being banned here. Relax.

Maybe there is another thread for that????
See above. And chill out, while you're at it.

Lord of the Idiots!
People.
Moore doesn't hate america. He hates Bush, and he hates the way it is run. There is a difference.

For example. I love my family, but when it comes to getting ready for a formal event, I hate the way things happen. Slow and aggitating.