MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

I was watching this Vincent Price flick and here he is standing in front of a movie theater, admission prices are $1.00 high, 0.25¢ low.

The Tingler (1959)

What does that say?
LOGES

First time I ever saw the word "loges" as it has long since fallen out of usage. Nowadays they would say "balcony".
The loges used to be (and still may in grand theaters) private boxes towards the front and sides of the auditorium. Now, like you say, they often refer to the best front seats in a balcony.

BTW I remember those movie prices, especially the 75 cents ones. Dates me...

I cant use Bing anymore. Microsoft really screwed this one up. Its Swiss Cows and Google for me. Not a big Google fan but sorry Bing has got to go.

"The evil ghost that spews his fumes into the air doesn't want me to watch action movies. Sending forth disruptive inaudible sound waves, he projects his hatred with threatening cruel tones, vibrating your insides, causing anxiety and unease."

"Dare thee not watch the action cinema, rot instead in your chair with scenes of monotony and sparse movements filled with charged drama and stew in a swirl inward. Be not your mind on thoughts of action and advancement! Be nothing, do nothing, have nothing or I shall attack thee!" screams the ghost.

I listen not. Obey him not. I do not entertain his requests but instead announce his existence to the world and challenge all to vanquish him back whence he came from, to the pendulum of hell, to be closed up therein, far outside the reaches of communication and cemented into the rocks deep below us for all eternity. To be gone and forgotten, not to return even within our thoughts. Our minds forever free.

Peace shall return and the restless and vibrant actions of life shall not be slowed, least of all for the sickened desires of evil spirits.

Hey all, long time no see! Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Yay, Movie Forums snow. The only kind I like.

Hey all! Hope you're all doing well.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve! Anyone have any plans to celebrate?

Hey all! Hope you're all doing well.

Tomorrow is New Years Eve! Anyone have any plans to celebrate?

I'm staying home with the wife and cat and we're having gourmet cat food and nachos.

Happy New Year to you and all!

I met my wife in a funny way. It was the day before 9/11 and I pulled her over for illegal lane shift. Not a huge deal. When I got up to the car she blew me away. I've always had a thing for Asians and here is this gorgeous Japanese woman. She apologized and I told her I would let her off with a warning if she promised to have dinner with me, even though I was just going to give her a warning regardless. She laughed and said yes to my surprise. We dated seriously for two years before finally getting married in 2003. This year was our 20th wedding anniversary.

Ugh, the dreaded January. Only good thing is CT has had no snow so far. Hope it stays that way.

Ugh, the dreaded January. Only good thing is CT has had no snow so far. Hope it stays that way.
Horrible stressful month with crap weather. Good riddance, you suck!

February was worse for me last year. It seemed to last for months, while January wasn't too bad (just the 5 or 6 weeks rather than 15 ) I'm hoping that isn't the same this year. FTR, January seemed about 10 weeks this year, as it hit FF sometime between the 2nd and 3rd week. The rest was so slow though,.

Hi all, long time no see. Hope your February is going well.

Teeny tiny snowdrops like this in our front yard. (Ours are much smaller.) Also saw daffodil shoots today on my daily walk. Hurray!