Most Overrated Movies

Tools    

Most Overrated Movies:

-The Hangover
-Speed
-The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
-Slumdog Millionaire.

GodFather- I thought that it was completely overrated- I understand it was riskay and such but it was still boring

Lord High Filmquisitor
Yesterday I was fortunate to watch Sunset Boulevard on Comcast On Demand. While I enjoyed the movie well enough, I had been lead to believe that it would be something considerably better than what I ended up watching. It essentially played out (especially in tone, style and acting) as a considerably worse, melodramatic version of Alfred Hitchcock's Rebecca. The pacing was felt absolutely languid (honestly feeling like a three hour movie instead of 110 minute one). The voice over, though well-written, seemed unnecessary (which is my take on most voiceovers). I also felt that by starting en medias res and telling the story through flashback the ending lost a lot of its "umph!" (which could have otherwise been a shocking and unexpected conclusion to the narrative). Overrated, yes, but still good.

I would include the Confessions of a Dangerous Mind as the most overrated film I've ever seen!

Titanic was boring chick flick...Maybe it is just me but yea...
I used to think that for the longest time, but looking back, there were some pretty memorable moments that a generic chick flick could never do. For example, the scene where the musicians don't get on the life boats, and continue to play music was pretty special. But still not worth rewatching or anything.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I would include the Confessions of a Dangerous Mind as the most overrated film I've ever seen!
Wha? Unless someone told you it was the best film ever made, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
I used to think that for the longest time, but looking back, there were some pretty memorable moments that a generic chick flick could never do. For example, the scene where the musicians don't get on the life boats, and continue to play music was pretty special. But still not worth rewatching or anything.
True, but that's what happened.

Wha? Unless someone told you it was the best film ever made, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
I was told by many that it is a fantastic film, a must-see, work of art and so on and so on... So I decided to give it a shot and, it was a horrible waste of time. Direction (scenes) were quasi-artistic, plot was boring, and on top of all it ruined the image of Mr Rockwell for me as I considered him a great actor (he's still alright...) Plus, I was really being open-minded by giving that flick a chance even though I despise George Clooney

For me it would have to be Jurrasic Park. The first half is boring and Jaws is better..

"Inglorious Basterds" (2009) and "The Wolf of Wall Street" (2013), but I haven't finished those, so people will say it doesn't count, which is fair enough. The most overrated movie I finished watching is "Kingsman: The Secret Service" (2014).

The Lord Of The Ring Trilogy (so boring)
Forrest Gump (it was ok for me)

Gone Girl and The Prestige are great films IMO

Gone Girl and The Prestige are great films IMO
Gone Girl is nothing special. Prestige is good, but still really overrated.
Is The Illusionist better then The Prestige?? I haven't seen The Illusionist yet..

My overrated list is bound to piss off a lot of people. OH WELL!

1. Fargo
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Raging Bull
4. Goodfellas
5. The Godfather - This one I like, but the best of them all? I don't get it. "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." Is that really one of the best lines of all time? Oooook. I've heard several superior lines in Police Academy movies.
Totally agree with you regarding 2001...that movie bored the crap out of me.

I have to return some videotapes.
Gone Girl is nothing special. Prestige is good, but still really overrated.
I don't know anyone who really loves Gone Girl outside of me. People thought it was a meh Fincher film.

Smiles of a summer night.. CRAP
Chunking Express… CRAP

Time magazine - you suck. These are in no way the greatest films ever made. I enjoyed the new ninja turtles movie than chunking express and that was AWFUL

Is The Illusionist better then The Prestige?? I haven't seen The Illusionist yet..
The illusionist is a joke next to the prestige. It's awful, none of the magic makes any sense. It's all supernatural unrealistic and fake.

Care for some gopher?
I don't know anyone who really loves Gone Girl outside of me.
I'm with you there. :-)