scarface...pacinos,finest on screen performance..yes/no.

Tools    

in my view,it was al pacinos finest,he also starred in other classics,such as the godfather,dogday afternoon,serpico,carlitos way,sea of love,and justice for all ,to name but a few,any one else on here share my views...cheers.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yes, some share your views but I'm not one of them. I'd probably say it's the greatest performance with a head buried in a mountain of coke. People complain about that scene but at leasr you couldn't hear Al's outrageous Cuban accent during that part. I actually believe the best way to appreciate the movie is as camp.

Semper Fooey
no

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
I had more of a liking to Glengarry Glen Ross, but that's because I'm a David Mamet fan. I've always wondered as to why his portrayal of Tony gets all the praise, though. Is it big because most of the hip hop culture endorse the movie? I know Tony's philosophy on "making it" applies to others trying to make it big in business.

My high hopes for Scarface were dashed upon watching it for the first time; I think he was best in Serpico, maybe Dog Day Afternoon.

Is Brian DePalma's Scarface Al Pacino's finest screen performance? Yes or no?

No.

And thanks for asking.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Welcome to the human race...
I'm almost inclined to start a betting pool on how many responses it'll take before we get someone who'll say "yes".

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I've never seen a performance from Pacino that I enjoy more, but it's not the best.

I think his performance is better than the film.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I'll jump on the "no" bandwagon, because I've always thought he was good in the film, but he was so much better in Serpico, Scent of A Woman and Godfather I and II. Scarface was not a movie I point to for great acting...

I'd say no. I'm not the Pacino expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he did better work in Dog Day Afternoon, The Godfather and The Insider, to say the least.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Too much Hoo and not enough Haa...

Scarface was the first film I rented on VHS, back in the day. Can't stand it now.