Remaking Evil Dead?

Tools    

How come hollywood can't make anything new? Everything out these days is a remake, reboot or something.
As you asked: $$$$$

two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead..
From from what I've heard, the original plan was to make Evil Dead IV. However, it fell in Development Hell. So I guess a remake would be better off.

No Ash though? Why?
It's gonna be a new imagining. I wish Ash was gonna be in it; but according to Bruce Campbell on Twitter, it's gonna be how Sam Raimi and him wanted originally. I'm worried for it though; I love the original.. /;

for my movie reviews: letterboxd.com/raineotaku

I hope they make the demons as freaky looking as they are in the original, with modern effects they should look great.

Thought the trailer looked very promising, although definitely different from what I half-expected... yet I could pick out some strong similarities. The demon possession looks like the most re-imagined element to me, really not like what I'd grown accustomed to at all, yet intriguing now that I've had some time to look at it. Seemed like key events from the first two Evil Deads are intact...

Overall, my impression is quite positive. It looks brutal, and close enough to its source to inspire fan swoon without being an obvious rehash.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Here is the 2nd RED BAND trailer for The Evil Dead

Suspect's Reviews