Adaptation
5.88%
1 votes
Once Upon a Time in America
5.88%
1 votes
Sunset Boulevard
17 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I have got some money for my birthday, from friends, but already I have gotten the ten DVDs I had my eyes on. Not that this will stop me, because I am, of course, addicted to film.

The problem is, now that I have had to select the next heap of DVDs I want [I make myself little lists, knock them off one by one, and make new lists], I have chosen too many, and need help selecting what two I should get...

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I have got some money for my birthday, from friends, but already I have gotten the ten DVDs I had my eyes on. Not that this will stop me, because I am, of course, addicted to film.

The problem is, now that I have had to select the next heap of DVDs I want [I make myself little lists, knock them off one by one, and make new lists], I have chosen too many, and need help selecting what two I should get...

i would choose singing in the rain and adaptation. they both rule!
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

I would pick Singin' in the Rain and Saving Private Ryan. The first one because of its importance in the world of cinema, and the second because I like it more than the others listed. I'd buy the full version of Once Upon a Time in America for similar reasons as Singin' in the Rain, but also if I enjoyed sleeping on my sofa.

I went with Unforgiven, as it's very conducive to multiple viewings. But it was a tough choice--I'd want Miller's Crossing, OUATIA, Adaptation, Saving Private Ryan and Trainspotting, as well. I haven't seen the rest (I know, I should be shot for it).

But my practical advice is this: buy the most expensive one(s) now, while you have the ready b-day cash, and pick up the others later.

It was beauty killed the beast.
The Special Edition Singin' in the Rain is a really nice two disc set, and the movie has a lot of replay value.

I went with The Last Waltz… I could watch it over and over again and never get tired of it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Kong
The Special Edition Singin' in the Rain is a really nice two disc set, and the movie has a lot of replay value.

I voted for Singin' in the Rain.

Why do we no longer have the option to see who voted for what?
That was one of the best things about the polls on MoFo.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Why do we no longer have the option to see who voted for what?
That was one of the best things about the polls on MoFo.
Whether or not the vote breakdown is visible is up to the person who starts the poll.