Your Favourite Australian Movie

Tools    

Mad Max, Romper stomper. I wish I knew more Aussie films.

There was another existing thread on this site as well, HERE.

I'll still go with Nicolas Roeg's Walkabout as my favorite movie made and set in Australia made by an outsider and Picnic at Hanging Rock for the best made by an Aussie.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

No, nebb, what I meant was I don't have one. I mean, obviously there must be one I like above all the others, but I'm struggling to think of one because I really don't like Australian films.
really not even one thats a shame I think there are some great Australian movies around there are some but then any country has those

Really, really tempted to say Picnic At Hanging Rock, as I love that film so much but, if I could only watch one Aussie film again, I think I'd have to pick:

Which I fell in love with and championed at around the same time as

Chappie doesn't like the real world
As much as I love Muriel's Wedding, I have to go with Babe as my favorite.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for pigs and I have Border Collies.

Welcome to the human race...
really not even one thats a shame I think there are some great Australian movies around there are some but then any country has those
That doesn't help, because I don't even like the good ones - the only one I've watched in recent memory was Two Hands, and I thought that was weak.

Which I fell in love with and championed at around the same time as

This isn't an Australian film, its Canadian. It is a great film though

This isn't an Australian film, its Canadian. It is a great film though
You're right, on both counts. I knew that it wasn't Australian, I was just saying that I fell in love with Chopper at the same. I just posted the pic because it's such a good film.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I love so many of the Australian films mentioned in this topic so far, specifically anything by Baz Luhrmann and the Working Dog Productions guys (aka The Dish, The Castle).

BUT I had to mention two Australian movies that I love that haven't been mentioned.

He Died with a Felafel in his Hand (2001)
Oh I Iove felafel. It managed to make fun of its own Australian stereo types. No not about kangaroos and thick bad australian accents, but on a capital city level. Meanwhile its making you think on different levels about life, death, love. I enjoy this movie everytime I watch it. It's also one of the movies I quote from the most. Can I just say Noah Taylor is a god.

One Perfect Day (2004)
Now this movie I just enjoy even just listening to. It is set amoungst Melbourne's Dance Music scene and now I am in no way part of that scene I still enjoy this. I love seeing a movie set in the place I live for starters. Plus this is just filled with great visuals and sounds. The cast in super, Dan Spielman is georgous. I'm also taken on emotional journey that makes me want to run out into the world and make sure I really live it.

Anyway, thats my two aussie flicks. I think they are often over looked even by Australians themselves.

The King of Movies
Oh I Iove felafel. It managed to make fun of its own Australian stereo types. No not about kangaroos and thick bad australian accents, but on a capital city level.
Thats what i love about Aussie comedy films. In most American or any international movie, Australian stereo types hunt for crocodiles and wear face paint and live with kangaroos. At least with Australian movies, Aussie stereo types are actualy real and funny.

Such as Fat Pizza the movie.

One Perfect Day (2004)
Now this movie I just enjoy even just listening to. It is set amoungst Melbourne's Dance Music scene and now I am in no way part of that scene I still enjoy this. I love seeing a movie set in the place I live for starters. Plus this is just filled with great visuals and sounds. The cast in super, Dan Spielman is georgous. I'm also taken on emotional journey that makes me want to run out into the world and make sure I really live it.
I haven't seen One Perfect Day I am adding it to my Bigpond list

I love He died with a felafel in his hand Thanks Zendie

Being from Australia myself I love hearing peoples opinions on the films we have released and whether people overseas have seen many.

This does not include my fellow Australians please tell me your favorite movie/s

For me it's Noise, Mad Max and The Dish