Se7en (1995)
Legends of the Fall (1994)

Johnny Depp:

Ed Wood (1994)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
Dead Man (1995)
Donnie Brasco (1997)
Blow (2001)
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Benny & Joon (1993)
Cry-Baby (1990)
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I have to go with Johnny on this one, although lately i have been experiecing a lot of Brad Pitt in my life ut old crushes are hard to forget!! So Johnny is better if you ask me, both as looks and when it comes to acting. Just my opinion

they are both quite talented actors i think, especially in

twelve monkeys-brad pitt
pirates of the caribbian-jonny depp

I'm picking Pitt simply because of his performance in Kalifornia (his best role). It was amazing.

But then again, Depp has been in some classics, like Ed Wood.

And **** Pirates of the Carribean. Any real film fan who loves that movie has no idea what they're talking about.

Johnny depp is sooo much hotter then brad pitt....no comparison!....brad pitt looks like he got hit one too many times in the head with a really big ugly stick!!! ...neways write back and tell me wut u think. blondie out!
Originally Posted by larshjk
Just have to hear peoples opinion. Sick and tired of hearing this discussion over and over so have to get it over with.

District B13
My girlfriend told me this, "Johnny Depp is a better actor and gives better sex but Bradd Pitt is better looking."

And, Honest to God, it's all her words, except for the sex bit, that's my input .

Originally Posted by X Randeath X
And **** Pirates of the Carribean. Any real film fan who loves that movie has no idea what they're talking about.

Hot damn… X Ratditch X is here to instruct me on whether or not I am a true film fan or if I even know what in the hell I am talking about….

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
My girlfriend told me this, "Johnny Depp is a better actor and gives better sex but Bradd Pitt is better looking."

And, Honest to God, it's all her words, except for the sex bit, that's my input .

So, which one of you actually had sex with Pitt and Depp... 'cause it's the only way one could judge such a thing...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by X Randeath X
I'm picking Pitt simply because of his performance in Kalifornia (his best role). It was amazing.

But then again, Depp has been in some classics, like Ed Wood.

So speaketh the authority on what makes a real film fan.
Surely a film fan is someone who loves movies, personally, I hate rom-coms, but that doesn't mean I would be condescending towards someone who loves them.
I really liked Pirates of the Carribean, and Johhny Depp is one of my favourite actors, but I guess thev 650 DVDs I have in my collection and the various film courses I have under my belt are now null and void.
Thank you for allowing me to see the light O great one.
( word of advice, drop the attitude and the view from your high horse, this forum is all about movies, and anyone posting here is here because of their love of movies, and everyone has a right to their opinion, even if you personally disagree with it! )
Here endeth the lesson.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Yeah, that was arrogant on my part. Sorry. I just have a strong hatred for that movie. I thought it was a borefest beyond belief. Lame and dull.

And we say to ourselves, "Well if that were in a movie, I wouldn't believe it."

www.myspace.com/randeath - me

www.myspace.com/animasana - my band

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Each to their own, as stated, it's all about opinions, you'll soon find out whos opinions you agree with more, I've had some great reccomendations from this forum, and I value a lot of the regulars opinions.
I'm always on the lookout for films I might have missed or not heard of.
Stick around, there's plenty of opinions on this forum, but compared to other forums there isn't a hierarchy element to it.

District B13
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
'cause it's the only way one could judge such a thing...
You mean cultural stereotypes can't judge a person?

Ahhh shucks

I think that Johnny Depp is definately the better actor, he play quirky very well but can also be serious like in that 'not-to-great' Ninth Gate movie. Brad Pitt did well in Meet Joe Black and in Fight Club-but the scripts in both of those movies were good.

I think Depp is a better actor...he has done a wide range of roles.

Wheely cool bike girl
On a purely sexist and shallow level, I love Johnny Depp.

On an acting level, Depp again. He is versitile, as has been mentioned here. There have been many performances where he seemed to change the way he looked simply by way of his acting.
Impressive.

I think they are both very smart and cool acters. But if i have to give Depp the edge in acting abilty only becouse of such a diverse catolog of movies he has been. Now if it was up to me, i would much rather see a brad movie by far. His movies are not a masterpiece but they are fun to see and he plays pretty cool parts. Ex: oceans eleven

District B13
One thing that is cool about both is that they are both "stars" yet they don't go for star roles such as Christian Bale or Tom Cruise or that moron Vin Diesel.

Some are pure star power, yes, but mostly they are interesting and complex characters in movies that are oftentimes supporting.

They both deserve credit.

But Johnny Depp transforms himself, he was Edward Scissorhands, he was Captain Jack Sparrow, he was Ed Wood.

Brad Pitt is a great actor, but I will always see Brad Pitt up on screen.

Johnny Depp is a much more complete actor. He is capable of pulling off a wide array of parts. From Capt. Jack Sparrow to the psycho thriller lead in Secret Window, to the Charlie Chaplin Character in Benny & Joon. He is able to do justice to about any type of character.

I just love Johnny Depp and my mom is a big Johnny Depp fan as well so she started me on 21 Jump Street, Benny & Joon, What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Edward Scissorshands, before I got to check him out in the theatres on my own in Pirates Of The Caribbean, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. I would have to vote for Johnny Depp because I have seen more of his films and liked him in all the roles.