Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

This is so awesome . If Trump got up and said "sorry, guys that was just a metaphor i wasn't actually going to build a wall" he'd gain 50 awesome points from me.
Some of his surrogates have been saying just that.

From the beginning, engineering and geographic experts have said a continuous wall on the southern border is not feasible - not physically or economically.

A non-continuous wall might help minimize illegal trespassing by funneling people to it's openings, but it follows the old saying that a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. So any non-continuous structure will only make "porous" a little less porous. But if you're looking for a water-tight seal, "less porous" doesn't cut it.

What might be a more feasible approach (as part of a multi-pronged approach) is to completely reform the immigration system: clean up the bureaucracy, inconsistencies and clogs - it is an extremely messed up, complicated and overwhelmed system that constantly makes mistakes which destroy people's lives.

Establish fair laws that are applied & enforced consistently. End the anchor baby stipulation while expediting the processes to gain legal citizenship. Develop incentives (such as serving in the military for say for 2 years) for expedited legal citizenship. There are tons more things that could be done to repair the system which would help the overall situation of illegal immigration immensely.

hindu nationalists in india are busy doing religious ceremonies for trump's well being

hindu nationalists in india are busy doing religious ceremonies for trump's well being

It never hurts to wish others well. It's a practice of good karma.

For people that bug me, I pray good health and prosperity for them and that they gain ever greater wisdom in regards to becoming more considerate, more compassionate, more forgiving, and more understanding of others. And I pray that any anger, anxiety, animosity, frustration, or intolerance they have within them be relieved and replaced by peace, serenity, good will and expanded intelligence.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Another day, another walk back:
I know he didn't expect to win. I was actually thinking that he should settle, just to show that he's serious about his new position and does not need the distractions. It's a common sense move in my mind, especially for a billionaire.

I learned that Trump is 70 recently, then I saw his victory speech and he was with his son that is a kid. Now, I just think about those both things at the same time, he is 70 and has a 12-years-old kid? what is this, Modern Family?

I know he didn't expect to win. I was actually thinking that he should settle, just to show that he's serious about his new position and does not need the distractions. It's a common sense move in my mind, especially for a billionaire.
Of course it's smart. It's the vow not to do it that was foolish.

That and the decision to sell his name to such a sleazy enterprise in the first place, naturally.

EDIT:

So, either this was bull, or his principles can be jettisoned as soon as it's politically expedient.

I learned that Trump is 70 recently, then I saw his victory speech and he was with his son that is a kid. Now, I just think about those both things at the same time, he is 70 and has a 12-years-old kid? what is this, Modern Family?
He's on his third wife, and she's 24 years younger than him.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
So, either this was bull, or his principles can be jettisoned as soon as it's politically expedient.
In other words, he may be more of a politician than we gave him credit for.

"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

How many more of these until Trump supporters start to suspect they've been had?

EDIT: it's even worse than just deciding not to do it:

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

How many more of these until Trump supporters start to suspect they've been had?
If asked he'll say "Once I found out how badly this administration screwed up, I wouldn't have time - I got a country to run!"

If only there had been tons of people warning that his promises were implausible and would have to be walked back once he saw what governing was actually like.

And it just keeps coming:

At this point these are less "walk backs" than they are "sprint backs."

Also, in-between these two tweets was him saying, in one of the debates, that he never said the first thing (direct quote: “I did not say that”).

And it just keeps coming:

At this point these are less "walk backs" than they are "sprint backs."

Also, in-between these two tweets was him saying, in one of the debates, that he never said the first thing (direct quote: “I did not say that”).
Except that is a good walk back/sprint back. Politicians are not scientists. Politicians should defer to scientific census whenever appropriate.