I liked the Titanic

When Harry Met Sally
Roman Holiday
High Fidelity
Casablanca
Annie Hall
Philadelphia Story
My Fair Lady

Don't judge, but I'm a sucker for pretty much anything with Meg Ryan in it...

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
My favorite chick flick is The Joy Luck Club. I would totally be the guy chowing down on my mother-in-laws mega-Chinese cuisine.

No Apologies. No Regrets.
Serendipity
Say anything
Wedding Daze
Mean Girls
16 candles
breakfast club
sleepless in Seattle

I think the best romantic Titanic

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This seems like a retread but I'll bite.

A Matter of Life and Death
My Father's Glory
Heaven Can Wait
(1943)
Jewel Robbery
The Young in Heart
Love in the Afternoon

Existing threads HERE and HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Pretty Woman

I think the best romantic Titanic
Snow Falling On Cedars all the way.

Both of those "older" threads date pretty far back (2008 & 2010 for last post). I'm new here - so please forgive me asking, but when it comes to "older" movies, I am sure they have been talked about and discussed over and over again. But for us newbies - we (I) came here to talk movies. It is fun to read older threads from folks who have BTDT, but it is also not looked highly upon in other forums to bump up dated threads.

So with that - here is my list of my favorite top 5. These may not be the "best" from a critic point of view - but they are my favorites that I can watch over and over.

5. The American President
4. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
3. Rocky (I think it is as much a love story as a fight movie)
2. Casablanca
1. Gone With the Wind

Hitch. Anyone?
"Hitch" is a hilarious comedy starring Will Smith, Kevin James and Eva Mendes.
Smith, in his first romantic comedy, is in his element and the rest of the cast work off his energy with perfection.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
Lot of good ones in here that get my brain spinning. Hitch and Shakespeare in Love are two great examples. Speaking of Shakespeare, Life is Beautiful (same year) is a very romantic movie, though not a comedy per se. When Harry Met Sally is probably my favorite romantic comedy of all time. I know that might come off as taking the easy way out, but it is a classic for a reason. Casablanca is also great, though obviously not a comedy.

One movie that I haven't seen on this list (and again, not strictly a rom-com) is Dave. Love that movie and think it's vastly underrated. Great romance between Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver though. Anyone else a Dave fan?

Umm, I was told there would be no math...
'500 Days of Summer' is easily one of the best of the new batch of romantic movies.

'The Cutting Edge' is also a favorite of mine because I saw it on a first date, and it has three things that are right up my alley: hockey, Moira Kelly and Moira Kelly.

I'm also going to throw in a classic, Charlie Chaplin's 'City Lights'. It's a silent movie, but it has some brilliant comedy in it and I defy you not to be moved by the last scene of the film.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
All great choices. I got into an argument with someone over 500 Days of Summer because they found it depressing and un-romantic. I disagree. Yes, it's the story of the entire timeline of a failed relationship, but there is hope in several places in the end. I don't want to ruin the movie, but those that have seen the movie know what I'm talking about.

Toe pick?