Awesome 20th Century Fox 75th Anniversary Posters

Tools    

Awesome 20th Century Fox 75th Anniversary Posters

20th Century Fox is celebrating its 75th anniversary and published some beyond-cool altered logo posters using some of their most classic movies. The studio is showing off the beautiful work on the front page of its anniversary website and it jumps out at you with stunning color.

The movies honored include: Walk The Line, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Ice Age, Patton, Independence Day, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Alien.

Source: Screenrant

Wow. Very nice. I loved the Alien one with the egg. That is an egg, right?
Yes.

The idea is OK, but I think the execution is terrible. If I liked those movies why would I select bastardized versions of the posters when I could have the real things? And Walk the Line? Really? That's one of the handful of great accomplishments from the Studio they're choosing to highlight? 'Kay.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am burdened with glorious purpose
But I don't remember an egg in the movie. All I remember is Sigourney Weaver being all tough and cool and the alien thing coming out of some guy's stomach.

I admit, I haven't seen it in a while.

I also want to add that I don't like the idea of using Walk the Line as "75 years of rebels." THey couldn't come up with something better?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The egg is down under the planet in that huge "egg chamber", one of the most-spectacular scenes in the flick. It's from this egg that scary thing jumped out at John Hurt's character and stuck a yucky thing down his throat, basically impregnating him.

Here, from about :35 to :45 and a split-second at about 1:20.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn Lucas wouldn't let them do Star Wars, but it seems like a gaping and obvious omission. Slightly important to the Studio, no?

The egg is down under the planet in that huge "egg room", one of the most-spectacular scenes in the flick. It's from this egg that scary thing jumped out at John Hurt's character and stuck a yucky thing down his throat, basically impregnating him.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
And I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn Lucas wouldn't let them do Star Wars, but it seems like a gaping and obvious omission. Slightly important to the Studio, no?

Yea, I was wondering about some of their choices. This is one.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
The posters look great! But yeah, I agree, I defs thought Star Wars would get a mention!

Like the rest of you, I looked at these and thought, "Walk The Line?" though I also thought, "Ice Age? Independence Day? Really?" I don't like the Patton one either, but at least that film won a load of Oscars.

fox really rocks my movie world!
Don't they have the most movie created?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Fairplay they are some real nice posters but the only one that looks out of place is the Ice Age one.

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
Yes.

The idea is OK, but I think the execution is terrible. If I liked those movies why would I select bastardized versions of the posters when I could have the real things? And Walk the Line? Really? That's one of the handful of great accomplishments from the Studio they're choosing to highlight? 'Kay.

Walk the Line is a great poster though. I think (hope) that is how they made their decision.

Very nice! Now the other studios need to do something similar so I can get some of my favorite movies!!!

Btw: Loving the Marylin Monroe poster!!!! YAY

BTW again! You need a back to the top button at the bottom of the pages.....*scroll scroll scroll* I'm lazy!!! enable me!

Thanks for posting them jrs

I find them a bit boring