Anyone else book the upcoming TCM Cruise?

Tools    

Coming up this October on the Disney Dream. Anyone else booked?

I've never heard of this. Without Googling, it's, uh...a cruise where they show classic movies? And I guess the decor matches it and guests are encouraged to dress up accordingly, or something?

BTW: We got about 20% off booking early.

I've never heard of this. Without Googling, it's, uh...a cruise where they show classic movies? And I guess the decor matches it and guests are encouraged to dress up accordingly, or something?
https://www.tcmcruise.com/

Coming up this October on the Disney Dream. Anyone else booked?
I've been on 13 cruises and a TCM themed cruise would be cool, but never have done that. So tell us about the itinerary: What TCM events are there? What are the port of calls? And how many days are the cruise? Hope you have a lot of fun!

Here's a partial list of what they're playing. Looks promising.

Abandon Ship!
Juggernaut
A Night to Remember
The Last Voyage
The Poseidon Adventure

Here's a partial list of what they're playing. Looks promising.

Abandon Ship!
Juggernaut
A Night to Remember
The Last Voyage
The Poseidon Adventure
Abandon Ship! (1957) was my nomination in the 18th HoF it came it came in 9th of 12 movies. At least me and TCM knows it's a good film

We’ve enjoyed Disney Ships.
All cabins at all prices are good
as far as we’re concerned.

They limit the amount of families with kids and have over 21 areas off limits to
Kids anyway. Far fewer kids on a special cruise like this as well.

No theater experience better than viewing a good movie when the house is full of movie fans.

Theirs usually a few old stars mingling with the passengers.
Friendly, appreciative crew and happy passengers compared to other lines from our experience.

Being a movie fan is just a bonus.

We’ve enjoyed Disney Ships.
All cabins at all prices are good
as far as we’re concerned.

They limit the amount of families with kids and have over 21 areas off limits to
Kids anyway. Far fewer kids on a special cruise like this as well.

No theater experience better than viewing a good movie when the house is full of movie fans.

Theirs usually a few old stars mingling with the passengers.
Friendly, appreciative crew and happy passengers compared to other lines from our experience.

Being a movie fan is just a bonus.
Have you done a TCM cruise before?

I see it goes to Cozumel, I've been there several times what a blast! So many things to do there. Do you have any plans for Cozumel? I also see it goes to Castaway Cay that must be a Disney owned cay. That looks fun too!

Love Cruising, seen plenty of films on the top deck. Never been on a TCM themed cruise before, that theatre looks amazing. To-do-listed!
I never watched an entire movie on the deck before, one of these days. JC, what cruises did you do?

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
You'll have to sanitize your hands before you eat (on a cruise that's a BIG deal).
Oh I always wash my hands before I eat.

There have been times when I'm in the Captain's chair taking a cruise aboard the USS Enterprise watching TCM.

Actually, the closest I've come to taking a cruise was having dinner and watching an Elvis impersonator aboard the General Jackson Showboat. That's a trip.

I never watched an entire movie on the deck before, one of these days. JC, what cruises did you do?
Usually itineraries through the Caribbean and/or the Mediterranean, Asia and Scandinavia are still on the to-do-list. It's a great 0 stress way to visit multiple countries 4/5 in one trip.

If anyone ever gets interested in any Disney Cruise we book this way:

We search the cruises we like on the Disney Cruise website.
Check them off, don't buy anything.
Leave your email address.

In time, always, could be up to a few months 35% or more offers come in the email.

We then book the cheapest cabin on the cheapest cruise on the cheapest dates and take the 35% off discount.

Clear your cookies when returning the the DCL cruise site and it resets to cheaper prices 90% of the time. I dunno why, it just does.

It happened with the TCM cruise as well. When I clicked back in it to book it, it was $1000 more. So remembering the DBC's rule, I cleared the cookies and the price dropped back down.

So when people gripe Disney is too expensive,, remember not really, use this trick if price matters.

It fits us, not for everyone thats for sure. Movie fanatics on this cruise, yep we're in.

Usually itineraries through the Caribbean and/or the Mediterranean, Asia and Scandinavia are still on the to-do-list. It's a great 0 stress way to visit multiple countries 4/5 in one trip.
I've not done the Mediterranean cruises,but I loved the Caribbean, I love being in the warm water. Asia and Scandinavia would be tops. I've done Alaska and alot of people rate that as their favorite destination.

If anyone ever gets interested in any Disney Cruise we book this way:

We search the cruises we like on the Disney Cruise website.
Check them off, don't buy anything and leave your email address.

In time, always, could be up to a few months 35% or more offers come in the email.

We then book the cheapest cabin on the cheapest cruise on the cheapest dates and take the 35% off discount.
Clear your cookies when returning the the DCL cruise site and it resets to cheaper prices 90% of the time. I dunno why, it just does.

It happened with the TCM cruise as well. When I clicked back in it to book it, it was $1000 more. So remembering the DBC's rule, I cleared the cookies and the price dropped back down.

So when people gripe Disney is too expensive,, remember not really, use this trick if price matters.

It fits us, not for everyone thats for sure. Movie fanatics on this cruise, yep we're in.
Wow, that's good advice, I'm glad you posted that.