MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Why do I get the feeling that people were in here rooting against me yesterday?
Because I was:

Only silver lining is I admit, if I can't win, TONGO would be the guy I'd root for next, since it'd be his first and he came close once before (losing the closest MoFo Bowl ever).
Unfortuantely it goes down as another heartbreakingly close playoff loss for the Tongster. Good season overall, though.

I was not surprised by the Conner dud, as a Steeler fan I've been pretty unimpressed by him. He's certainly not bad, but his fantasy value is pretty much entirely getting significant opportunities on a pretty good offense, which means the floor is a lot lower when the offense struggles or decides to throw it more. Snell's looked as good or better, just from a pure talent perspective.

Anyway the Conner stuff is why I was trying to convince TONGO he wasn't out of it. But obviously when we're talking about a few points, there are no shortage of things to point to as being definitive.

But you can't have a Captain Spaulding Invitational without a Captain Spaulding. It'd be tough to have to re-name the title game and find a new sponsor on such short notice.

I felt the same way when I missed my first MoFo Bowl. I got over it, though admittedly first I did that thing where I glitched through space-time and vomited a bunch like Cartman in that episode where he briefly becomes aware of the concept of empathy. It was not fun.

Panthers coach Matt Rhule insists that they aren't going to shut down McCaffrey this season, and that he'll play once he's healthy enough. McCaffrey remains the ace in my pocket. It's hard to imagine many McCaffrey owners still being alive at this point in the season, but that will be pretty wild if he returns this week or next to deliver titles. Until the team officially extinguishes that hope, I'm going to cling to it like a life preserver.

Yeah, that's one of the biggest variables in fantasy right now, though maybe that's mitigated by the fact that a decent chunk of his owners aren't still going to be playing, though I'd be curious to see the stats on how many of them handcuffed him effectively.

That and Brees, which has huge effects on Thomas, Kamara, Brees' owners, or people who plugged Hill in for a struggling or mediocre QB and are about to lose him.

The outcome between @Hey Fredrick and myself could very well hinge on whether McCaffrey plays or not, since Parrotheads has Mike Davis. Panthers face Green Bay, who have been very generous to RBs this season.

Why do I get the feeling that people were in here rooting against me yesterday?

Nah, I've known the Tongs for a long time. I was mostly just rooting for him. Didn't work anyway so... whatareyougonnado?

That is the craziest way I have ever won a Fantasy Football game.

Even if it was in the inconsequential Losers Bracket.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
My team has finally peaked...at the end of the season.
WR’s are doing well, RB’s are finally healthy. Mayfield has been a pleasant surprise.

This momentum will carry over to next year. You have been warned....

I had a great draft. A draft that was made meaningless by catastrophic, season-ending injuries early on to Saquon Barkley, Courtland Sutton, and Dak Prescott. Before Dak's truly horrible hobbling I was 3-1. I won only one more game and finished 4-9 in twelfth place. Along that crappy road my lone remaining legit player, Seattle's Chris Carson, missed five weeks in a row with injuries, while Detroit's Kenny Golladay has only played in four games the whole year and they were Weeks 3 through 7. With Saquon and Carson out I was forced to trot out some guys who were third on the depth chart for their organizations including La'Mical Perine. Miracle of miracles, especially considering the winless season The Jets are enduring, Perine starts to actually score a couple touchdowns and becomes the featured back (even if it is a horrible team)... so then of course he got injured, too. I was forced to rely on rookie Joe Burrow as my starting QB instead of Dak and what do you know, he starts getting some consistently decent games and cutting down on the mental mistakes...and then he gets horribly injured.

Which all led to my being the lowest seed in the Consolation Bracket. I was paired against The Paper Curtain and even favored to win, by the projection. I had to choose which quarterback to start: Dallas' Andy Dalton who was going back home to Cincinnati where he spent his entire career before the era of Burrow began or another rookie in Miami's Tua Tagovailoa, only two weeks after returning from a minor injury and facing the mighty Kansas City Chiefs. I started Dalton. The Cowboys had an easy win (for once), but it was so easy Dalton didn't have to do much. He ended with 19.30 fantasy points, a couple under his projection. Tagovailoa had the best game of his young career. They lost but he had his first 300-yard passing game, threw a pair of TDs and rushed for a third all totaling 31.04 points, thirteen and a half over his modest projection. So that was 11.74 points I left on the bench.

Chris Carson had a solid game and Robby Anderson met his projection, but Charger Mike Williams left the game in the first quarter giving me a goose egg and the rest of my starters had OK but unspectacular outings. What saved me on Sunday is that I started the Washington Football Team defense which scored twice and shut down The 49ers amassing 23.00 fantasy points.

I had the lead going into MNF, 95.90 to 67.80, and we each had one player left. Paper Curtain had Lamar Jackson and I had Justin Tucker. I should have also had Gus Edwards going too, but for the first time in weeks I sat him. Gus of course scored two TDs and amassed 17.80 points, more than three times over his 4.84 projection. More points left on the bench. Jackson was running all over the place in the first three quarters, and Tucker only had four extra point chances. But I was still holding on. Then Jackson was gone for a chunk of time, in the locker room working out severe cramps in his legs. With the game on the line and facing fourth down he came trotting back onto the field and promptly threw a 44-yard touchdown. That put both The Ravens and The Paper Curtain up. It looked like that was it, I was gone, Baby, gone...but after Cleveland had a quick score to tie the game, Lamar had a few completions to Mark Andrews to get Justin Tucker a chance to nail a 55-yard field goal with just a handful of seconds left. Those 5 fantasy points for that long field goal in the waning seconds put me back on top. Final score: Love Brokers 104.90, Paper Curtain 104.72. A minuscule .18 margin of victory coming with two seconds left in the Monday Night Game. The Ravens would actually score two more points on a safety for the game's final play, but my victory was assured.

King of the Losers.

Now I get to play the seventh place finisher, Russell Wilson's War, and prolong my agony.

What a season.

Oh wow, yeah, I literally didn't even check the scores last night because it seemed so unlikely. That would've been nuts. Wonder if Adam was watching and got his hopes up for a bit there.

Hunt skyrockets into 6th among RBs on the year.

Oh wow, yeah, I literally didn't even check the scores last night because it seemed so unlikely. That would've been nuts. Wonder if Adam was watching and got his hopes up for a bit there.
I doubt it. It doesn't look like he even knew he had a game. He left both Miles Gaskin and Denzel Mims in his starting lineup, and both were scratches for Week 14.

I doubt it. It doesn't look like he even knew he had a game. He left both Miles Gaskin and Denzel Mims in his starting lineup, and both were scratches for Week 14.
Adam was the one playing Justin.

The outcome between @Hey Fredrick and myself could very well hinge on whether McCaffrey plays or not, since Parrotheads has Mike Davis. Panthers face Green Bay, who have been very generous to RBs this season.
I don't know if it's even going to come down to that. I'm not too confident in my team lately. Aaron Jones only had four carries in the first half last week and has been barely above average this year (800 yds, 7 td's). It doesn't help that Rodgers is on fire this season so it seems to be a pass to set up the run situation. If it wasn't for his 77 yard TD run at the end of the Philly game he would have been under double digits for the past 3 weeks. That's not good considering the RB's are supposed to be the strength of my team. Have a feeling I'm going to need Watson vs Indy and Cook vs Chicago to explode if I'm to move on.

Just threw the playoff scores into the record book: Adam's 114 was the 10th-highest losing playoff score to date, and Spaulding now has the two lowest winning scores in playoff history (the other was also in the Quarterfinals, in 2016).

Just your standard football RNG, where the biggest totals were out of the playoffs or on Bye. Pretty nuts that both matchups ended up so close in the end. Slight differences in seeding would've made a huge difference.