The MOFO Rant Thread

Tools    

I wasn't going to post in this thread because I know that SC is going to make some kind of crazy comment
You're right -- here I go....

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
What kind of an idiot calls someone at 7:45 AM to tell him that he doesn't have to come in today, when he's not scheduled to be at work until 3:00 PM???!!!
Yeah, I couldn't get back to sleep again until after 10:00 AM.
A whole rant devoted to how your husband's boss woke you guys up at the extremely early time of 7:45 in the morning (PRACTICALLY PITCH BLACK OUTSIDE STILL!!)

Was your husband even bothered or was it just you since you say you couldn't get back to sleep for another two hours and 15 minutes? What happened? Did hubby roll over on top of you and go at it for that long?? Go, hubby, go!

Oh, I know what happened -- you guys decided to hit McDonalds for breakfast and obviously you couldn't leave until after the cops left. That's why you didn't get back to sleep until 10, right?

Sheesh. The boss called at 7:45 to tell you that hubby didn't have to go into work today. GREAT NEWS! Take it and go back to sleep! If you can't, contact Michael Jackson's sleep doctor.

This is a great thread. It really is! Matt72582, I'm starting to believe you really do have an artistic side. The posts in this thread are hilarious. I'd buy it as a book.

Well, I definitely feel like the only way my ideas are really going to get any attention is if I am as annoying as hell. Everyone tells me the same thing; bug the crap out of them until they decide I'm not going to stop until they read the script.
Yeah if you are passionate and determined, keep going. Still why don't you write an Original screenplay completely unrelated to the Alien Franchise (or any other movies for that matter)? The amount of Alien, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc, Screenplays that get sent to guys in the Sci-Fi industry must be staggering, not to crush any hopes but if you aren't trolling here what makes you think your Alien Screenplay is better than the no doubt thousands these guys have recieved already?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You're right -- here I go....

A whole rant devoted to how your husband's boss woke you guys up at the extremely early time of 7:45 in the morning (PRACTICALLY PITCH BLACK OUTSIDE STILL!!)

Was your husband even bothered or was it just you since you say you couldn't get back to sleep for another two hours and 15 minutes? What happened? Did hubby roll over on top of you and go at it for that long?? Go, hubby, go!

Oh, I know what happened -- you guys decided to hit McDonalds for breakfast and obviously you couldn't leave until after the cops left. That's why you didn't get back to sleep until 10, right?

Sheesh. The boss called at 7:45 to tell you that hubby didn't have to go into work today. GREAT NEWS! Take it and go back to sleep! If you can't, contact Michael Jackson's sleep doctor.

I work through the night, so I didn't go to sleep until after 6:30 AM, so I had about an hour of sleep before the phone woke me. It's not easy for me to get back to sleep when I'm aggravated, so I had trouble getting back to sleep.

Hubby was angry too, but he stayed up to get some computer work done.

His boss knew that it was hubby's late day, and it was very inconsiderate of him to call that early in the morning just to tell him that he didn't have to go to work. (It's like when they wake you in the hospital to give you a sleeping pill.)

And if you don't see anything wrong with what his boss did, then that just means that you probably would have done something just as stupid and inconsiderate as his boss did.

GB, that's not that early, for one thing, but it's also not your bosses fault that you stayed up all night. He called to give you good news - instead of getting upset about it, try being happy.

GB, that's not that early, for one thing, but it's also not your bosses fault that you stayed up all night. He called to give you good news - instead of getting upset about it, try being happy.

Yeah, but his boss knew that it was hubby's only day to sleep late. (It's something that they've talked about at work.) There was no reason to wake him at 7:45 AM when he could have just waited until around Noon to call him with the same information.

Yeah, I mean -- yes, I get that it woke you up -- but on another hand, it means you don't have to be stressed about waking up on time to get ready for work and you still don't know yet if you have to work or not.

Even if he had called at 11 AM or noon, he probably still would have woke you up.

Personally, I'd rather know as soon as possible. Then I'm not stressed about what's gonna happen right before it should happen. I could sleep relieved knowing that I don't have to worry about work. That would make sleep a lot easier for me.

That guy with the Alien avatar.
Yeah if you are passionate and determined, keep going. Still why don't you write an Original screenplay completely unrelated to the Alien Franchise (or any other movies for that matter)? The amount of Alien, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc, Screenplays that get sent to guys in the Sci-Fi industry must be staggering, not to crush any hopes but if you aren't trolling here what makes you think your Alien Screenplay is better than the no doubt thousands these guys have recieved already?
I highly doubt they worked on their respective screenplays for six years, consistently and rigorously researching proper screenplay etiquette. Now, no doubt Fox receives probably hundreds of thousands of screenplays, a thousand of which are probably Aliens screenplays . . . who's the one guy these film companies and departments are going to be talking with each other about who keeps calling every day twice a day, only to find out they're all talking about the same person. Ripple effects. The only thing holding me back is that the screenplay in question is, as of this moment, unsolicited. But that could change tomorrow if neighbor lets me borrow his car.

Maybe it's just me but i'd prefer my boss told me as soon as possible that i had the day off, so that i had a chance to decide what to do on that extra day. Even if it was sleeping, i'd prefer he phoned me at 7.30 AM than phoning an Hour or whenever you expected him to phone before your Husband started work.

I highly doubt they worked on their respective screenplays for six years, consistently and rigorously researching proper screenplay etiquette.
You'd be surprised.

who's the one guy these film companies and departments are going to be talking with each other about who keeps calling every day twice a day, only to find out they're all talking about the same person.
Some guy on Twitter, I'm sure.

Maybe it's just me but i'd prefer my boss told me as soon as possible that i had the day off, so that i had a chance to decide what to do on that extra day. Even if it was sleeping, i'd prefer he phoned me at 7.30 AM than phoning an Hour or whenever you expected him to phone before your Husband started work.

It snowed all night long, it was still snowing when he called, and it continued to snow until about an hour ago, so it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if he didn't have to go to work, he wasn't was going anywhere. The only purpose a phone call that early served was to disturb his sleep.

Well, if Hubby and his boss have talked about this sort of thing... and your boss still did it... that may be kind of different. If your boss knew he shouldn't have called until later... just because that's Hubby's personal preference.

Still, I think you and Hubby probably need Anger Management classes.

Word to the wise: never give gb good news. She'll want to punch you.

I highly doubt they worked on their respective screenplays for six years, consistently and rigorously researching proper screenplay etiquette.
Then you underestimate people, i have no doubt that people have worked on Alien Screenplays alot harder and for alot longer than you, that's not to say they are better than yours or vice-versa, but it's reality. The main thing that's holding you back is that you are attaching yourself to an already established Franchise, again why not come up with an Original story? At every turn i'm taking you less and less seriously.. sorry, i wish you the best of luck .