Amy Winehouse dies at age 27

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Neg rep for a joke, some people are wound way too tight.

I had her death as a facebook status to let people know, it got 5 likes. Messed up world we live in right?

We live in an age where dozens of people die in Norway and people are more concerned with a drug addicted singer that died. It's sad.

Suspect's Reviews

I am having a nervous breakdance
Neg rep for a joke, some people are wound way too tight.

We live in an age where dozens of people die in Norway and people are more concerned with a drug addicted singer that died. It's sad.
So, if the Norway massacre hadn't happen it would be ok to post in this thread? If the massacre had been in Pakistan or Sudan or Afghanistan, would it have been ok to express sadness over the fact that Amy Winehouse is dead?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A death is a death, sad indeed.

My point is that people are more 'concerned' with a drug addicted singer that's been out of the limelight for a few years and dies and a more heartbreaking tragic story is completely shut out. You are taking what I said and are going way too far to one side of it. My whole point is that the media always goes for the more popular story, than the more "world orienting" one.

Does she have my sympathies? No. The people brutally massacred do.

Why bother to bring in those other countries? It tells me you're just pissed off looking to start something rather than trying to engage in an actual conversation.

Who said we're more concerned? Her death has nothing to do with the Norway massacre. I made this thread because I very much liked Amy Winehouse as an artist, and we have a sub-forum for music related topics.

Of course what happened in Norway is tragic and horrendous. If you think we care about her death more than the deaths of those innocent people in Norway then you're very much mistaken.

Semper Fooey
And let's face it, her family doesn't know and probably doesn't care this forum exists. People talking about you when you're alive and after death is the price of fame.

My whole point is that the media always goes for the more popular story, than the more "world orienting" one.
Every news show I've seen since Saturday has still had the Norway incident as the main headline, followed by Amy Winehouse's death. Most newspapers have been the same too.

And lots of major news stories occur and or not talked about in these forums, doesn't mean the members don't know or care about them.

Who said we're more concerned? Her death has nothing to do with the Norway massacre. I made this thread because I very much liked Amy Winehouse as an artist, and we have a sub-forum for music related topics.

Of course what happened in Norway is tragic and horrendous. If you think we care about her death more than the deaths of those innocent people in Norway then you're very much mistaken.
I'm not talking about the people here, I'm talking about the people out there.

Every news show I've seen since Saturday has still had the Norway incident as the main headline, followed by Amy Winehouse's death. Most newspapers have been the same too.

And lots of major news stories occur and or not talked about in these forums, doesn't mean the members don't know or care about them.
Since then, most likely.

I'm talking about the day of and after, it was ALL Winehouse and then an add on blip at the ending regarding the Norway situation.

Although, there are still people today talking more about Winehouse than Norway.

A death is a death, sad indeed.

My point is that people are more 'concerned' with a drug addicted singer that's been out of the limelight for a few years and dies and a more heartbreaking tragic story is completely shut out. You are taking what I said and are going way too far to one side of it. My whole point is that the media always goes for the more popular story, than the more "world orienting" one.

Does she have my sympathies? No. The people brutally massacred do.

Why bother to bring in those other countries? It tells me you're just pissed off looking to start something rather than trying to engage in an actual conversation.
Why bother to bring in Utøya and Somalia in this thread? Start your own! We have dozens and dozens of threads on this forum devoted to the memories of dead celebrities and you don't post derogatory posts about the deceased person in those threads, do you? Why not? People die like flies all the time, every day, every second - and it's coquettish of you to point out that there's worse things in life than the death of Amy Winehouse. As if we didn't know that. That doesn't mean that you can't feel sad about the fact that she's dead at the age of 27, which to me is much sadder than if Paul Newman or Elizabeth Taylor die at an older age.

You would never in a million years had made a remark like you did in the other post if the massacre had been in an African or Asian country. That's why I brought those countries up.

Since then, most likely.

I'm talking about the day of and after, it was ALL Winehouse and then an add on blip at the ending regarding the Norway situation.

Although, there are still people today talking more about Winehouse than Norway.
I assure you that is not nearly the case in Sweden, where I live.

That doesn't mean that you can feel sad about the fact that she's dead at the age of 27, which to me is much sadder than if Paul Newman or Elizabeth Taylor die at an older age.
Maybe to you, but not to me. Personally, I feel more for both Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor dying over Amy Winehouse. I don't care if Amy was younger -- wasted life? Big deal. Especially if she did in fact bring it on herself.

It's more disturbing, but it's not really sadder.

Piddzillia, you're an Amy Winehouse fan, I get it. Now take the stick out of your ass. You don't know anything about me,so sit down and shut up before you make accusations.

Second, it's all relevant. Happened on the same day, death in the news. A thread about Amy Winehouse dying and I bring up the fact that people are more concerned with her death than others in Norway, just because she was a celebrity. You flip your ****. I don't know what your damn problem is, but you need to chill the **** out.

What derogatory post did I have? Did I say I was happy she was dead and that she can burn in hell? Did I say I hoped her death was long and gruesome? No, I said I wasn't surprised.

Jesus Christ man, go cry in a corner. You're making this more personal than it has to be. I'm done with this **** and you.

Yeah, as I said: to me. Remind me to tell you how little I care the next time someone you care about dies.
*bitchslaps you in advance*