Halloween Horror Challenge

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
John Carpenter’s Vampires (John Carpenter, 1998)
- Carpenter is slumming again but he still provides some suspense and laughs in a modern-day tale of a vampire-hunting posse led by James Woods.
I'd say this rating is extraordinarily generous.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
H
Jennifer's Body (2009) - Karyn Kusama
- Megan Fox is completely I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E but in spite of that this movie is a total boredom and snoozefest. One of the worst horror storyline that I ever seen.... very bad movie but I give a 1.5 because of Megan Fox.

Movies:6
I already see it ... and very don't like it. It's a complete snoozefest imo
Martyrs (2008) - Pascal Laugier (Foreign)
- I don't know if I'm the only one who find this movie very boring ?! The First 25min of the movie was nice and entertaining but after it turn into an incredible snoozefest ... overrated...
+
Somebody buy this man a thesaurus.

Also, Jennifer's Body is not a very bad movie. It's not a very good movie, but I enjoyed it. It was funny.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Somebody buy this man a thesaurus.

Also, Jennifer's Body is not a very bad movie. It's not a very good movie, but I enjoyed it. It was funny.
Me too. I went in expecting it to be horrific, but it's not that bad.

John Carpenter’s Vampires (John Carpenter, 1998)
- Carpenter is slumming again but he still provides some suspense and laughs in a modern-day tale of a vampire-hunting posse led by James Woods.
This pleases me. Obviously I'd rate it higher, but that's a good rating from you.

Sinister (2013) - Scott Derrickson (rewatch)
- Awesome imo. Very scary storyline with some great acting from Ethan Hawke. I absolutely love the ending and cannot wait for the sequel! MR.BOOGY
+

Halloween (1978) - John Carpenter (rewatch)
- one of the best horror movie of all time and very influtiental. Soundtrack is great , acting is great , storyline is great and the vilain is great. Fear MICHAEL MYERS. I love eveything about this movie especially the scary and chilling mood put by John Carpenter. Brief, A Masterpiece of horror and of the 70's

Movies: 21

The Entity This was one I hadn't crossed off my list. I had seen it but I didn't remember much about it. It's sort of a psychological meets supernatural movie starring Barbara Hershey. Sometimes I love Hershey and other times not so much, but she is excellent in this as a woman targeted by a demonic spirit. It's a sort of uncomfortable film (at least it was for me) but it's pretty darn good. I definitely recommend it.

Movies 13 points 19

Deliver Us From Evil (2014) - Scott Derrickson
- Awesome. I love everything about this horror flick. The mood , the acting , the incredible supernatural storyline and especially the great creepy atmosphere. imo it's a very underrated movie with many nice scenes and Eric Bana rock. very like the ending .
+

Haute Tension (High Tension) (2003) - Alexandre Aja (foreign)
- Great. I love it really awesome twist/ending and amazing acting from Cécile De France. Some gory and creepy scenes. Highly entertaining and well-made.
+

Movies: 23

Great movie Godoggo, and I love the BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM piece in the score.

Great movie Godoggo, and I love the BUM BUM BUM BUM BUM piece in the score.
Yeah, the whole thing really gave me the oogies. The scene where the entity wakes her up and she is really into it until she realizes what is going on really freaks me out.

In certain ways it reminded me of Rosemary's Baby even though they are very different movies.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Bad Kids Go to Hell (Matthew Spradlin, 2012)
+ Passable time filler where The Breakfast Club meets Scream meets The Grudge as six students from a private high school serve Saturday detention while principal Judd Nelson ponders how much worse kids are now compared to his generation.

The Grudge (Takashi Shimizu, 2004)
+ Remake of Ju-on with the same director and Buffy. Atmospheric but rather blah.

My Bloody Valentine (Patrick Lusier, 2009)
Remake of the '80s cult flick amps up the gore (obviously) but follows the plot closely until the twist ending.

Animal (Brett Simmons, 2014)
Another "campers in peril" movie that starts out par for the course but goes downhill fast with annoying characters and a laughable monster.

39 Movies
43 Points

The Exorcist (1973) -
First viewing (not kidding). Should've just went Jack Torrance on her and bashed her brains in. Bashed 'em right the f*** in.

Hour of the Wolf (1968) -
A Max von Sydow double bill! I don't really have a favorite actor, but this dude is right up there with the greats for me. Absolutely love his acting, his characters even more so. I thought the film itself was near-excellent, probably my second favorite Bergman so far. A rich, haunting, beautiful work.

Movies: 5

Let the night air cool you off
The Exorcist (1973) -
First viewing (not kidding). Should've just went Jack Torrance on her and bashed her brains in. Bashed 'em right the f*** in.

Hour of the Wolf (1968) -
A Max von Sydow double bill! I don't really have a favorite actor, but this dude is right up there with the greats for me. Absolutely love his acting, his characters even more so. I thought the film itself was near-excellent, probably my second favorite Bergman so far. A rich, haunting, beautiful work.

Movies: 4
by my count, that should be 5 movies and 6 points. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think The Entity is the most disturbing horror film I've seen. As I've said many times, it's that and Pinocchio for me. Though I've seen The Entity a few times, whereas I've never gone back to Pinocchio.

Trollhunter

Rather silly and the whole "found footage" gimmick is so played out, but it's actually pretty competently made. Which I think may be a bad thing, as it might have been more fun if it'd been more campy. Rating: C

Movies-2
Points-3

October 9th:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974, Tobe Hooper)
Atmospheric slasher that uses a realistic approach to present an otherwise gimmicky main villain. An intense and often horrifying film that has some pretty cool moments.

October 11th:

Insidious (2010, James Wan)
Below average haunted-house horror that relies too heavily on loud music to create cheap scares. I've seen worse though.

Movies: 6