Director Opinions

Tools    

Master of My Domain
The second I saw Christopher Nolan's name on the screen I knew this wasn't much of a quality thread...

Out of a lot things, Nolan's direction is not the reason of success and amazement of his films.

Don't know if this is relevant or not, but I did notice that Nolan and Fincher both have films in IMDB's top ten (The Dark Knight and Fight Club), while a Scorsese flick (Goodfellas) doesn't show up until the teens.
It's not. As mentioned already, the IMBD rankings take into account basically anyone's ratings. Unless you consider the entire population credible film analysts, the IMBD ratings can't really be used to determine which film is better.

My one of top 3 movies of all time is Memento, so Christopher Nolan would be logical choice, but i choose Scorcese, because he made a lot more great movies than Nolan and Fincher combined, although no one of his movies i like more than Memento or Fight Club. And about that he doesn't made a good movie in last 20 years... Well if Shutter Island, The Departed, Wolf Of Wall Street and even Hugo is bad movies than what is a good movie?

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Yeah sure Fincher and Nolan are great, but Scorsese is on a whole other level. Scorsese is among the greatest, I mean have you seen Raging Bull? Truly a masterpiece, and that's just one of many. However if you asked if Nolan or Fincher was better, I would pick Fincher. Maybe that's just personal preference, but Nolan is great as well, both produce highly entertaining films.

If I had a steak, I would f**k it!
It's not. As mentioned already, the IMBD rankings take into account basically anyone's ratings. Unless you consider the entire population credible film analysts, the IMBD ratings can't really be used to determine which film is better.
Actually I find those rankings more reliable because movies are generally made to please the majority, not a few snobby critics who consider themselves experts.

Make a better place
to me I have to agree about the genius David Fincher, he may be my number one

Scorsese is great too, of course on of the greatest, I love his movies but not that much

Nolan, I can't stand his style but maybe I shouldn't judge him because I've only watched his recent movies which I hated more than anything, maybe I should watch his old stuff

so to me it's David Fincher all the way