Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Detroit still hasn't been 100% healthy. But if Cade comes back and no one gets hurt, they will be. Monte Morris is a hometown kid but didn't play his first game until yesterday. I was a big fan of the trade last year but it sucked with the constant delays, setbacks, etc.... I actually like the Muscala (and Gallinari) trade, even though I don't know about receiving expiring contracts. I don't like free agency, because Detroit couldn't sign good free agents even when they were winning titles. And the GM Troy Weaver has been a horrible drafter, and I imagine any guy who can get the Max will go to any other team. One with no income tax, better weather, better city, better win column, etc.

There's been rumors for months regarding a Ivey for LaVine trade and although I'm not a big fan of Zach, at least I know what he's going to give, and a new team might help. Maybe not, but he's better than Ivey. I have never been a fan of "potential". There are always guys who can play now. I wanted Haliburton, but Weaver's first pick at #7 got Killian Hayes, and he's the worst guard on the team, but he's been given every opportunity (ego?).. Although I remember fellow Pistons fan saying, "High floor, low ceiling"... Yeah.... Or ANY guys Miami drafts. 4-yr college players are hardly taken, but Miami gets him in the latter half of the 1st round. My first requirement is defense, and then filter out other things.

NBA gets the spotlight a bit last night with the NHL on break and the Super Bowl still over a week away, and it gives the world Lakers v Celtics without Lebron and AD. The Lakers proceed to win because the Celtics lousily play through the game as a result...this league keeps proving to me why it's my least favorite of the big 4 sports.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
How that game even happens is beyond me? The Lakers are middling at best, with Lebron and AD. Without them?

Additional proof that this Celtics team is never going to do it. It’s nice saying you have 2 stars (it’s just 1), winning regular season games… When it comes to crunch time, they turn into a different team and Tatum wants to shoot step-back threes instead of going to the rim.

I don't see any other team beating Denver.

The trade deadline is in 6 days, which is one of the best times of the season... The games aren't too fun, so I FF to the last 2 minutes, and Maxey almost sacrificed a win just so he could get 50. Professional 3-pt contests and statistic experiments. No defense. Reviews. Refs halting. Commercials.

Pistons traded their best shooters, a 20ppg scorer in Bojan, and Alec Burks, almost as good off the bench for .... zip.

Pistons used their cap space to get Joe Harris, who didn't play, couldn't shoot, damn sure couldn't defend, only to waive him.

Jamal Mashburn went from flying private at UK, to commercial flights with the Mavericks

Closing out the tune up portion of the season this weekend. Mavs v Clippers should be an interesting first round matchup.

Can’t wait for the Hornets to get the #1 pick a year late.

Even better are the reports that Jordan is gonna control the draft for the team he sold!

The only thing better than losing the Wembanyama sweepstakes would be getting Zion or Ingram.

If we don’t end up with Scoot it’s a bust. I don’t care how he stacks up and his limitations, he got that dog and we would love him for it.
I’ll own that. Just one season, but Scoot was not great this year. Now we just need to pair someone with BM. Really hope they just told LaMelo take take the rest of the season off and it’s not going to be every year with this guy.

Oh, btw. His extension hasn’t started yet.

Can’t wait for the Hornets to get the #1 pick a year late.
Better late than never.

Better late than never.
Negative

We don’t wanna waste the good luck on a draft year the best player is gonna be drafted in the teens.

I'm just wishing the Pistons trade their pick, and trade Ivey. And as soon as I go to check the video, the video I have playing (comedy podcast) literally said, "Jesus is coming back" but as a joke

Negative

We don’t wanna waste the good luck on a draft year the best player is gonna be drafted in the teens.
Brandon Miller may have been the right pick over Scoot. But I'm not giving up on Scoot yet.

I'm just wishing the Pistons trade their pick, and trade Ivey. And as soon as I go to check the video, the video I have playing (comedy podcast) literally said, "Jesus is coming back" but as a joke

Monty is a lost soul.