Blaxit - Black Americans Moving to Africa

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
We might see a movie in the future. As a former traveler, a big part of it were the round-the-fire conversations with people from all over the world commenting on a certain country from their vantage point, and very rewarding to listen and talk.

I hope for more articles, comparing life to the US.. Eventually there will be different schools of thought on which cities/countries are the best, almost like how backpackers talk about living abroad vs. life in America.

“Seeing Black African people on the money, on the billboards, you immediately eliminate your Blackness,”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blaxit-ti...151400425.html

We might see a movie in the future. As a former traveler, a big part of it were the round-the-fire conversations with people from all over the world commenting on a certain country from their vantage point, and very rewarding to listen and talk.

I hope for more articles, comparing life to the US.. Eventually there will be different schools of thought on which cities/countries are the best, almost like how backpackers talk about living abroad vs. life in America.

“Seeing Black African people on the money, on the billboards, you immediately eliminate your Blackness,”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blaxit-ti...151400425.html
Just read the NYTimes article on this subject.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Just read the NYTimes article on this subject.

I'd be curious to see the data and trajectory since the posting of this article. Of course, there's a possibility of it growing exponentially regardless, but I'd also like to see some post on YouTube. I've seen Americans living in China videos and enjoyed them.

Quite sometime ago there was a tv show on PBS comparing the lives of different people across the globe. I guess I was the only one who watched it because I only saw two shows. One was about a black African policeman in South Africa and a black cop in the US. The other was about a female teacher in Iran. I don't remember who her counterpart was.. This was before 9/11 and talking to someone and seeing their face at the same time was a new technology.