Lee Daniel's Richard Pryor Biopic

Tools    

Precious and The Butler director Lee Daniels is currently working on his latest project, the yet untitled Richard Pryor biopic, with financial backing by The Weinstein Company and Oprah Winfrey.

Mike Epps has been confirmed to play the late comedian, and Jennifer Hudson has been cast to play Pryor's 4th and last wife Jennifer Lee.

Mike Epps

And just today, it's been confirmed that none other than legendary comedian and close friend of Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, is in talks to play a role in the film as Pryor's father LeRoy Pryor.

Lee Daniels with Eddie Murphy today

Here's the article:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...d-pryor-biopic

I believe this is a step in the right direction for Murphy, and this film will be special as I am a fan of Richard Pryor.

I love Richard Pryor... He's not an all-time favorite comic of mine, but he's such a likeable person.

Eddie Murphy does a great Pryor.

If this movie would have been done 10 or 20 years ago, Eddie should have played Pryor himself.

I grew up watching Pryor in films like The Toy, Brewster's Millions, Moving, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy, See No Evil Hear No Evil, and Superman III. I agree, he was a very likable and hilarious actor.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I remember me and my mom watching "Moving" - wanna watch it again. It's been 20+ years...

I wanna see "Blue Collar" I think I saw a minute, liked it, and thought i have to watch it from the beginning, even though I got the gist of it real quick.

I remember me and my mom watching "Moving" - wanna watch it again. It's been 20+ years...

I wanna see "Blue Collar" I think I saw a minute, liked it, and thought i have to watch it from the beginning, even though I got the gist of it real quick.

Blue Collar is one of his films I haven't seen. I just checked out the trailer. I have to see this! Thanks for mentioning it.

I was reading about the film on Wikipedia and is states that there was so much tension on the set of the film that at one point Pryor, in a drug-fueled rage, pointed a gun at director Paul Schrader who was famous at the time for screenwriting Taxi Driver, because he did not want to shoot more than 3 takes. The incident caused Schrader to go through a mental breakdown and made him reconsider his career. The page also says there was always conflict between the actors on the set as well, presumably between Harvey Keitel and Pryor.

He had a roller coaster of a life and career and was a brilliant comic. I think the world should know his story, including his battle with illness. I'm all in.