Best family movie?

Tools    

We love family movies! Interested to know what everyones favorites are!!! What are yours?

Gee, it would be hard to pick just one!!! In the comedy category I'd have to include Herbie the Lovebug, Snowball Express, and That Darn Cat (THE ORIGINAL-OF COURSE). In the Drama category I'd have to say Sound of Music, Sarah, plain and tall, Skylark, Anne of Green Gables, and Anne of Avonlea.

Didn't see it.
Pollyanna
Toy Story

That's all I can think of right now. I'll have to say that I didn't really like any of the ones you listed, but my wife loves several of them. Just personal taste I guess.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is one that I enjoy that hasn't already been mentioned. Also The Absent-Minded Professor (the Fred McMurray one, not "Flubber" with Robin Williams). Give me a little bit, and I can think of a whole lot more.....

I loved the Love Bug movies. They have a special place in my heart because I remember going to the Old Esquire Theater in Amarillo (where I grew up) on Sunday afternoons to see Herbie matinees. The Esquire was a Depression-era theater with all the opulence that theaters from that era possessed. It had a balcony and red velvet chairs and the whole works. They tore the place down in the early '80s and built an office building in its place.

I always liked It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World. It had a really good cast (Milton Berle, Buddy Hackitt, Micky Rooney, Johnathon Winters, Sid Ceaser) and a lot of good cameos as well.(Jerry Lewis, The Three Stooges, Don Knotts) It's one of my favorite family movies.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
I agree with Toy Story ...

And there's another one, though the name escapes me right now -- it was a late 1950s movie, the ORIGINAL regarding a siamese cat and a little white dog (can't remember what kind) from canada who trek all across the wilderness to reunite with their owner. they weren't particularly eager for the family but the owner ... i know there are a couple of more recent versions but this is the old one with entirely different animals and i am certain the cat was siamese. that's an all time fav of mine. one of the few i could watch over and over again ...

Is it "Milo & Otis"? I loved that movie as a little kid! Dunno if I'd like it today or not - can't imagine how it would be any fun watching, since I don't remember them talking or anything.

Semper Fooey
How many more ten year old threads is this guy going to revive with one word replies?

No one would do 50. 50's a lot.

Me and my daughters love watching Father of the Bride (Steve Martin, Diane Keaton) together with me. It's a great family film.

I'd say anything Pixar. Most animated Disney films. Most pre-1980 live-action Disney films. The Wizard of Oz. My family also loves Return to Oz, but that's from Disney's post-1980 "iffy" period.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is one that I enjoy that hasn't already been mentioned. Also The Absent-Minded Professor (the Fred McMurray one, not "Flubber" with Robin Williams). Give me a little bit, and I can think of a whole lot more.....

I loved the Love Bug movies. They have a special place in my heart because I remember going to the Old Esquire Theater in Amarillo (where I grew up) on Sunday afternoons to see Herbie matinees. The Esquire was a Depression-era theater with all the opulence that theaters from that era possessed. It had a balcony and red velvet chairs and the whole works. They tore the place down in the early '80s and built an office building in its place.
I guess I'm quoting a 10 year old post but The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is the best on this list because it's the only one I know my whole family would enjoy. Toy Story is a great movie for kids and a lot of adults but my dad probably wouldn't sit through it.

Semper Fooey
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken sucked.

Maybe it's a guilty pleasure, but I liked the Incredible Mr. Limpet.

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken sucked.

Maybe it's a guilty pleasure, but I liked the Incredible Mr. Limpet.
WHAT!? I can appreciate The Incredible Mr. Limpet but The Ghost and Mr. Chicken SUCKED? How? It was classic Don Knotts and who doesn't like him?