Best Christian-themed movies?

Tools    

Which is the best movie with Christian themes?
7.69%
2 votes
Chariots of Fire
11.54%
3 votes
Prince of Egypt
34.62%
9 votes
Ben-Hur (1959)
30.77%
8 votes
It's a Wonderful Life
3.85%
1 votes
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
11.54%
3 votes
The Gospel According to St. Matthew
0%
0 votes
The Mission
23.08%
6 votes
The Ten Commandments
30.77%
8 votes
The Passion of the Christ
0%
0 votes
Amazing Grace
19.23%
5 votes
The Last Temptation of Christ
7.69%
2 votes
A Man for All Seasons
26 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Have you seen it? its way off the norm of him being the son of God...

I enjoyed it.... even though Im not Christian... its a historically based film.. may not be accurate but hey its a period piece...
I did see it, or most of it. As I said, I'm not sure if I remember correctly. I think it suggests he is the savior (yes, no, maybe?) or does it come right out and say it?
Can't remember precisely, but does he display powers, prophecy, or perform miracles in the film?

It was a very interesting film - speculative since there is no record of these years, but interesting.

I did see it, or most of it. As I said, I'm not sure if I remember correctly. I think it suggests he is the savior (yes, no, maybe?) or does it come right out and say it?
Can't remember precisely, but does he display powers, prophecy, or perform miracles in the film?

It was a very interesting film - speculative since there is no record of these years, but interesting.
I believe it does tell about his special powers and it does mention that he is the son of god so I was wrong on that part.. I havent seen it since I saw it at the theatre but anytime there is a period piece film.. whether Christian related or not.. Im seeing it!

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
It does make me think how there are some strange similarities between Jesus' story and vampires!
Jesus is impaled with spikes (granted, these don't kill him and they're not through the heart, but they are part of his "death") while vampires are killed with spikes or stakes. Jesus brings people back from the dead while vampires bring their killed victims back from death as vampires. Jesus is resurrected and vampires return to life from death. Then, of course there's the whole blood drinking thing!
Also aren't vampires immortal or something?

Sure are! Unless you kill them - and to be sure, you first have to drive a stake through their heart (allegedly wood or pure silver will do), then you have to cut off their head, then you have to burn their head and their body, then you have to scatter the ashes in different places (I don't know the specified distance) or else... you know... they'll come back.

Or, expose them to sunlight and hope the winds blow their ashes far enough apart that they won't reform.

However, I think killing "Blacula" may be a whole different process!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not if you make them croak.

Remember this film! Ok its a Michael York film so I had to see it!!

Oh there was some Michael York movie one of the supervisors got for us one weekend at boarding school and the nuns decided it was too 'sex laden and ungodly' so made us watch those movies about the blonde chick in a convent. 'What a scathingly brilliant idea'. Gideon knows what they're called.

Oh there was some Michael York movie one of the supervisors got for us one weekend at boarding school and the nuns decided it was too 'sex laden and ungodly' so made us watch those movies about the blonde chick in a convent. 'What a scathingly brilliant idea'. Gideon knows what they're called.
If its Michael York.. Im watching it!

If its Michael York.. Im watching it!
Yes one of my crushes when I was a precocious kid.

I wonder if you consider Dan Brown's movies as Christian movies.. they do deal with Christianity

DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons..

If we're calling The Ten Commandments a Christian based film, then we need to call The Egyptian (1954) a Christian based film...as this is where it all started, and where Judaism was inspired from the beliefs of one man, which in turn lead to Christianity.

If we're calling The Ten Commandments a Christian based film, then we need to call The Egyptian (1954) a Christian based film...as this is where it all started, and where Judaism was inspired from the beliefs of one man, which in turn lead to Christianity.
Well...The Egyptian's about Egypt. Judaism did not start in Egypt.

But Egypt help cultivate Christianity.

have you seen the film "Agora"?

Oh yes it did, it must certainly did. Judaism was directly lifted from the monotheistic religious belief of the Pharaoh Akhenaten. And the Jews were in Egypt at this time, though they were never slaves.

But Egypt help cultivate Christianity.

have you seen the film "Agora"?
No, but I've heard of it and that one is definitely Christian themed because it is about Christians. I can't find Christian themes in "The Egyptian".

"But Egypt help cultivate Christianity"

A lot of countries helped cultivate Christianity. But a movie about any of these countries is not automatically a Christian themed movie just because of that reason.

Oh yes it did, it must certainly did. Judaism was directly lifted from the monotheistic religious belief of the Pharaoh Akhenaten. And the Jews were in Egypt at this time, though they were never slaves.
Wait....wait? The problem with that is that the Jews were already Jewish by the time they were taken over by Egypt.