Fast and Furious series

Tools    

Can someone please explain why these movies are so popular? They're completely ridiculous and filled with stupid, unlikeable characters. I just don't get why anyone likes these freakin' crap movies.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Can someone please explain why these movies are so popular? They're completely ridiculous and filled with stupid, unlikeable characters. I just don't get why anyone likes these freakin' crap movies.
Because everyone has different taste.

Seems like everyone has the same taste

You can't win an argument just by being right!
No big deal if you don't enjoy them. I'm not sure what the issue is. I don't like musicals but millions do. Good on them.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I think they are fun in a cheesy over the top way B movie way. They are not to be taken seriously, and it depends on what you are in the mood for. Cheesy B action movie, if you want it. Plus the action and comedy is much better done compared to other movies in the genre. Like they know they are making a cheesy over the top movie, but want to do it right, unlike a lot of filmmakers in that genre, nowadays.

But no, they are no big epic movies, that you would put on your greatest movies of all time list, or anything. But it depends which ones. I like the 2,4, 5, 6, and maybe the 1st and 7th, but those are so-so. The 3rd was just too corny and badly scripted though.

If you enjoy the movie then, No matter what is the story or what's happening in any movie. And the most important point everyone has different taste.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It was The Rock vs Vin Diesel that really set it off with Fast Five.

Suspect's Reviews

I believe they're supposed to be an over-the-top thrill-ride. Not my thing, but to each their own.
"2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968) and "Furious Seven" (2015) couldn't be more different types of movies. "Furious Seven" is so much better where as the former is so much boring.

The series has kinda went a bit over the top since 5. The first 4 were fairly tame in the over the top factor as everything that happened in them were typical of any Hollywood blockbuster but since 5 they've just went nuts with it. You insult the characters but that's why many still go see these things as people love the cast.

I'm surprised this newest one set a record though to be honest. I knew it would do well but didn't expect another record shattered. They're fun movies and as someone who usually bashes these kind of brain dead films I just take exception to them as I love the characters. They're not really anymore over the top than other movies, it's just not many show off their ridiculousness with cars.

I Enjoy Working With People
"2001: A Space Odyssey" (1968) and "Furious Seven" (2015) couldn't be more different types of movies. "Furious Seven" is so much better where as the former is so much boring.

Tugg: I was initially going to comment that your post quoting me is without a doubt the most rude and nonsensical post I've yet seen on the Forums, but then I remembered that we all voted to elect you to be the final arbiter of what constitutes a good and interesting movie. So, instead of pointing out that millions of movie fans, both professional and amateur, disagree with your opinion on the relative merits and appeal of 2001 and Furious Seven, I will just thank you very sincerely for demonstrating clearly to me that I know little about movies, and also for so compassionately and tactfully pointing out that there are better uses for my time than to embarrass myself by expressing my own opinions in the Forums, when there are much smarter and better-informed people like yourself to post more legitimate and correct opinions in my place.

You have done me a great service, and I am grateful and in your debt, as the time I would have wasted posting my own opinions in the Forums can now be spent on improving my taste in movies, learning to appreciate your genius by reading all of your posts, and working on a Unified Field Theorem. I salute you!

Tugg: I was initially going to comment that your post quoting me is without a doubt the most rude and nonsensical post I've yet seen on the Forums, but then I remembered that we all voted to elect you to be the final arbiter of what constitutes a good and interesting movie. So, instead of pointing out that millions of movie fans, both professional and amateur, disagree with your opinion on the relative merits and appeal of 2001 and Furious Seven, I will just thank you very sincerely for demonstrating clearly to me that I know little about movies, and also for so compassionately and tactfully pointing out that there are better uses for my time than to embarrass myself by expressing my own opinions in the Forums, when there are much smarter and better-informed people like yourself to post more legitimate and correct opinions in my place.

You have done me a great service, and I am grateful and in your debt, as the time I would have wasted posting my own opinions in the Forums can now be spent on improving my taste in movies, learning to appreciate your genius by reading all of your posts, and working on a Unified Field Theorem. I salute you!
BS.

Welcome to the human race...
HAL9000 has a point, though. They acknowledge that the Fast series is simply not for them and says "to each their own", so there's no implicit judgment of those who do like the movies. Your responding to HAL9000 by calling 2001 boring and inferior to Furious 7 understandably comes across as a presumptuous personal attack.

HAL9000 has a point, though. They acknowledge that the Fast series is simply not for them and says "to each their own", so there's no implicit judgment of those who do like the movies. Your responding to HAL9000 by calling 2001 boring and inferior to Furious 7 understandably comes across as a presumptuous personal attack.
I explicitly demonstrated his point that "to each their own". The only presumptuous thing I did was using his avatar as a statement on his taste. That did not have to be true and conceivably he could have been one of significant number of people who found 2001 to be boring. The fact that 2001 is considered a classic by majority film enthusiasts is more a support for my total contempt of majority opinion rather than personal attack on him. Sure, people disliking movies you love can seem personal even to me sometimes, but assuming notion "to each their own" such feelings are misconstruction of intent.

Why would you go to the trouble of demonstrating a point that's already been made?
It's no trouble at all. Insulting people..., I mean this thread is about "Fast and Furious". We are all here to post and/or insult as a hobby.

Crucial questions: are some movies better than others? If no, then they are just different; if yes, then what makes some movies better than others? If it's subjectivity, then there is no argument about relative quality of movies; if there is an argument, then standards can be discovered and argued over.

Beside the point question: why watch movies at all? From the top of my head answer: there is value in movies or you watch them even if they are all boring. And if something is boring,- can it be valuably so? Of course all these questions can be inherently wrong approach.