Nausicaa: DVD & Blu-Ray Collection

Tools    

Some new additions:

Blue Jasmine - Region B(France) - It's not out here for a few more weeks but came out in France this week.

Before Midnight - Region 2(Britain)

Carrie - Region A(America) - The 2013 film adaptation of the Stephen King book. It comes with a lenticular slipcover that makes it look like blood is pouring down her face when you move it.

Riddick - Region Free(America) - Comes with a shiny embossed slipcover and is the unrated director's cut edition. In Britain you can get this in HMV as a steelbook but I couldn't be arsed to go all the way into the city to get this in steelbook form so got it from America where the slipcover has more or less the same artwork as the steelbook.

Compared to Pitch Black this was a very disappointing film but it had its moments that make me feel it wasn't a waste of money buying it.

Haunter - Region B(France) - It's not out in Britain yet or even America for some reason so got it from France as it was released there this week and it's got the best artwork compared to other blu-rays I've seen for the film.

I liked the look of this horror film so looking forwards to seeing it.

I've still not seen Before Midnight, but I want to. That said, I felt disappointed after seeing Before Sunset, so there's a little hesitation on my part. BTW, should you be in London for any reason on Feb 15th, the Prince Charlies Cinema is showing the Before trilogy.

Umm, where have all my photos gone... all I'm getting where every photo should be is a photobucket upgrade message...

Can anyone see my photos still?

Great... just looked it up on my account and see I've run out of space or some crap like that, have to sign up with a new account to get more free space. Sigh.

331 images and deleting more that are not images of my collection.

Edit - Apparently I have to wait for it to reset for the month, so the images I've deleted should have done the trick. Time to make a new photobucket account to carry on lol.

I've just gone though my own account... I had about 300...

Down to 150 now.

I've got all those pics for the comics Countdown to add so it'll probably put me over the limit. Might have to delete a few more.

Nice to know 'bucket has a limit though.

The old ones are back but have no idea why now the new account photo isn't working!

EDIT - Right, I've put the test photo back up again with the new account, so see if it's still here again tomorrow.

Finally, back on track. Some new additions I've got since last time:

Gravity - Region Free(Britain) - This came out here this week and decided to wait instead of getting the American release that came out earlier, about £6 cheaper than the American edition so glad I waited and it comes with a gorgeous holographic foil like effect slipcover, tried to get the circle effect in the photo. It's the 2D blu-ray edition, didn't want the 3D one but for those interested, the 3D edition blu-ray comes with a lenticular slipcover.

The Shining - Region B(Britain) - Steelbook edition, finally have this film on blu-ray. No director's cut but I'm not bothered about that as I prefer the normal cut of the film.

Thor 2: The Dark World - Region Free(America) - Comes with a gorgeous embossed slipcover, tried to get the reflective colour on the lightning showing in the photo. The slipcover is so much better than the one we got here in Britain for the 3D edition and didn't like the artwork on the steelbook, so went for this one. Very happy with it.

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 - Region Free(America) - Enjoyed the first film so much that I decided to buy the second film, comes with an embossed slipcover and has a scratch and sniff strawberry Barry on the front.

Serpico - Region B(Britain) - Upgraded from DVD as it's one of my all time favourite films, finally got a blu-ray release from Masters of Cinema Series here in Britain. I did want the steelbook edition but got so fed up with having to return a few damaged steelbooks that I ended up going for the clear amaray case edition instead, just as nice really and about £6 cheaper.

Captain Phillips - Region Free(Britain) - With shiny embossed title/stars slipcover. There is a steelbook out in Britain and America, and France has a digibook edition for those interested.

Prisoners - Region B(Britain) - Comes with an embossed title and shiny slipcover.

Two new blu-rays:

There Will Be Blood - Region B(Britain) - Limited edition exclusive artwork steelbook, apparently there were only 2500 of this steelbook edition made and it's now out of print after only a week or so. It's a lovely steelbook, the artwork is fantastic and I can see why it sold out so fast.

Nebraska - Region Free(America) - Comes with a nice slipcover.