Ozark

Tools    

Strange opening to ep 7. I know the Byrdes are returning to Chicago but what's the point of re-visiting Bruce after three seasons? Wyatt marrying Darlene is not going to save Zeke when they find out Darlene is a murderer, which they will find out eventually. Wyatt is a wimp. The professionalism window on Agent Maya closed about ten episodes ago. Why is the FBI threatening the Byrdes? It's mind blowing to me that Navarro thinks he has cards to play here. Wendy seems to be the only person Navarro trusts right now. I understand Ruth going to Joe Jr but I don't believe for a minute that he is going to let Darlene live. Wow, Jonah caved a lot quicker than I thought he would. Who the hell is Chuck? I don't understand why Navarro won't give up Javi. Can Ruth have three minutes of dialogue without the "f" word? "I don't think you want to learn, in a very public way, that I don't bluff." Felix Solis was gunning for an Emmy in this episode. Javi has got to go. Julia Garner was bone-chilling during her confrontation with Marty and Wendy. Another superb directorial job by Robin Wright.

Strange opening to ep 7. I know the Byrdes are returning to Chicago but what's the point of re-visiting Bruce after three seasons? Wyatt marrying Darlene is not going to save Zeke when they find out Darlene is a murderer, which they will find out eventually. Wyatt is a wimp. The professionalism window on Agent Maya closed about ten episodes ago. Why is the FBI threatening the Byrdes? It's mind blowing to me that Navarro thinks he has cards to play here. Wendy seems to be the only person Navarro trusts right now. I understand Ruth going to Joe Jr but I don't believe for a minute that he is going to let Darlene live. Wow, Jonah caved a lot quicker than I thought he would. Who the hell is Chuck? I don't understand why Navarro won't give up Javi. Can Ruth have three minutes of dialogue without the "f" word? "I don't think you want to learn, in a very public way, that I don't bluff." Felix Solis was gunning for an Emmy in this episode. Javi has got to go. Julia Garner was bone-chilling during her confrontation with Marty and Wendy. Another superb directorial job by Robin Wright.
I've watched that scene a few times

They had to open ep 8 by reminding us of the amazing tragedy at the end of ep 7. A urinal was one of the four icons that appeared in the big O at the beginning, can't wait to see how that comes into play. Confused as to why Javi's death would mess up the Byrde Foundation. If Ruth dies, it will destroy Jonah. What happened to the gun she was holding on Marty and Wendy? Why is Ruth getting a gun from Frank Jr? That phone call to Three was a heartbreaker. Oh man, more Ruth backstory, know what that means. I absolutely believe that Ruth never sleeps. LOVED Ruth pretending to be Wendy on the phone...sounded nothing like her. The urinal...OK...got it. Ruth was not completely correct...I think Marty does care about Ruth. Ruth is toast. And I don't think she cares.
Superb work by Julia Garner.

OK, watching the beginning of ep 9 and wondering where the hell Wendy's head is at right now. No argument with Marty regarding the blood on their hands. Helen's husband had no idea what she did for a living? Seriously? The last time we saw Erin she wanted to know everything, now she ants to let it go? I'm a little sorry that we probably won't be seeing Mel Sattem anymore, I liked him. How long do the Byrdes think they can hide what they know about Javi? That woman looking for Javi was scary as hell and apparently Claire thought so too. A private investigator and his cat...how Phillip Marlowe. Ruth is going to take care of Zeke? Yeah, OK. I love that Lady Sheriff thinks Ruth killed Darlene. I know Marty is not trying to blame his situation on Agent Maya. Felix Solis made the hair on the back of my neck stand up when he met with Wendy. Glad Mel isn't out of the picture and that is definitely Richard Thomas playing Wendy's dad. "Where's Charlotte? Riding a pole at your strip club?" Fun seeing Richard Thomas playing such a jerk. He nailed that restaurant scene. There is some serious bad blood between Wendy and her dad, hope we get to hear more about it. Mel and Agent Maya have a professional past? Did Mel relapse? His own people want to keep Navarro in prison?

This show does not play fair. Just when I had begun to reconcile myself to the fact that Tom Pelphrey's Ben wasn't coming back, they go back to it after tastefully skipping his actual death scene and decide that we need to see it now? Why did we need to see it now? That was heartbreaking, I didn't need to see that. I will say that one scene should have won Tom Pelphrey an Emmy, oh my God, that was hard to watch. Loved the audio of Navarro's instructions over Marty's arrival at Navarro's compound. I'm wondering how long Marty can continue to protect Ruth. Wendy needs to tread very carefully with Ruth. That female sheriff transferring out was no random thing. This new deputy isn't playing. "I just help out...we're friends...I like math." Even before Grandpa (Richard Thomas) arrived, Jonah handled that deputy quite efficiently. It's been awhile since I've seen anyone talk to Ruth the way NuSheriff did. Joseph Sikora is starting to grow on me as Frank Jr. I don't know if Marty is up to this. Was it me, or did Navarro enjoy choking that guy out? If I were Marty, I wouldn't trust that priest as far as I can throw him. There's something off about that guy. Are Wendy and Jonah permanently broken? I gotta give it up to Marty. he really doesn't have the stomach for this, but he's doing it.

Well. we're getting to the beginning of the end with ep 11. Marty actually seems to have things under control at Navarro's empire, as hard as that is to believe. OK, we got a fourth smile from Ruth. Why don't Navarro's people want him back? I like the way Wendy and Marty in such different places right now, but still the unit they should be. Marty checking in with Jonah was sweet. The line in the sand is definitely drawn between Wendy and Ruth. Poor Mel, he keeps getting hired to find people who are already dead. Loved watching Ruth look for Jonah's feelings. "Every time they try to take a pound of flesh, I grow another layer of skin." Something about Camilla really trips me out. Grandpa is going to have a meltdown when he learns the truth about Ben. "You're still the same selfish a**hole you always were, you just have a bigger boat." Marty has promised money to the FBI? I missed something? "I was not looking forward to going back to Florida. I dated too many guys with pet pythons." I think Marty's right about Camilla...she wants the cartel for herself. I can't believe Wendy is still lying to her father. That fight scene was incredible!

The kids bonding Marty and Wendy out of jail reminded me of the Roseanne episode where Darlene bonded Dan out of jail. I cannot believe that Nathan had to have Mel tell him that Ben is dead. I love the way he's so quick to blame Wendy. "The first clean Langhorne in five generations." What makes Nathan think Charlotte and Jonah are just going to run off with him? I knew Ruth couldn't get through the meeting with the judge without saying "f*ck". OK, I'm losing it, why did Charlotte lie to her parents? They didn't say they would go with Grandpa. How can a Senator help a former cop get his job back? "You want my advice? Don't take my advice." At this point, do they really think we care about Sam being baptized? Fifth smile for Ruth in 42 episodes. Not really buying the judge's decision; don't think that would happen IRL. Laura Linney and Richard Thomas played the hell out of that scene on the courtyard steps.

Ep 13...one episode before the series finale...I'm totally on pins and needles here. very pleased that Ruth has decided to invest her money in some remodeling. I can't believe she lived in that ratty trailer as long as she did. Laura Linney was so funny trying to check herself into the looney bin. "Good you iron, I'll iron, we'll both be ironing." I cannot believe Wendy thought she could buy her father. Do Charlotte and Jonah know their grandfather is an alcoholic? "I cleaned my record up. And you and Wendy ain't gonna sh*t where I eat." Love that scene where Wendy was talking with Marty about two different subjects at once and the camera was always focused on the person not speaking. Wendy should have sent that guy to Ruth instead of Rachel. Wendy is really starting to scare me. Nathan is the first person on this show who ever asked Ruth to watch her language. Richard Thomas nailed that scene with Ruth. Camilla is scarier than Navarro. I hope Wendy hasn't put Jim in too much danger, I like him. After what happened earlier, why does Marty continue to protect Ruth? Somebody needs to tell Wendy than Nathan has already poisoned her children against her. Julia Garner was amazing in that scene with the Sheriff. Nice shot, Rachel. This episode seems to have been produced with one objective in mind: to win Laura Linney an Emmy and it's a shame it didn't work because she should have won an Emmy for this episode alone.

OK, fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy series finale. Ruth has spent more than her amount of time on this show digging. How can Ruth stand there and say she has no part in this? She killed a member of a drug cartel! A bonding moment between Ruth and Wendy? Who saw that coming? "Well, I'm not going to say I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a sh*t load of conditions, and I'm still here." And yes he did have to threaten Ruth. A car accident? Did we really need that at this point? I knew Navarro's priest couldn't be trusted. Never trust a priest who smokes. " I need to know if Nelson is at the bottom of your pool." Ruth's out of body experience with Wyatt and her family was sweet. It was nice to see someone on this show kill someone and actually feel bad about it. I cannot believe Ruth made the FBI apologize to Rachel. Loved the way they skipped over the actual meeting with the exits from same. Were my eyes playing tricks on me or was Ruth actually wearing a dress at the gala? Wow, Claire is such a wimp. Can't believe Camila has no compunction about Killing Jonah and Charlotte. The dispatch of Navarro that simple? Well, at least Ruth took her punishment like a man. This series was appointment television for 44 episodes. Bouquets all around.

OK, fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy series finale. Ruth has spent more than her amount of time on this show digging. How can Ruth stand there and say she has no part in this? She killed a member of a drug cartel! A bonding moment between Ruth and Wendy? Who saw that coming? "Well, I'm not going to say I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a sh*t load of conditions, and I'm still here." And yes he did have to threaten Ruth. A car accident? Did we really need that at this point? I knew Navarro's priest couldn't be trusted. Never trust a priest who smokes. " I need to know if Nelson is at the bottom of your pool." Ruth's out of body experience with Wyatt and her family was sweet. It was nice to see someone on this show kill someone and actually feel bad about it. I cannot believe Ruth made the FBI apologize to Rachel. Loved the way they skipped over the actual meeting with the exits from same. Were my eyes playing tricks on me or was Ruth actually wearing a dress at the gala? Wow, Claire is such a wimp. Can't believe Camila has no compunction about Killing Jonah and Charlotte. The dispatch of Navarro that simple? Well, at least Ruth took her punishment like a man. This series was appointment television for 44 episodes. Bouquets all around.
Were you pissed how it ended? I was, not that it was bad TV, but I wanted a different outcome.

SPOILER

I wanted Ruth to come out good and Wendy to get hers.
Most people agreed with you.

There's no way Ruth was going to be good after what happened with Javi. You had to know there was no way she could just walk off into the sunset after that.

There's no way Ruth was going to be good after what happened with Javi. You had to know there was no way she could just walk off into the sunset after that.
I had hope

Same. A lot of commentators said she would never meet Javi’s mother alone like she did & walk into her trap.