Run, Fat Boy, Run - Trailer and Review

→ in
Tools    

Son of a Beekeeper
Run, Fat Boy, Run is a low calorie British chick flick with some signature American characters and themes. The film is well directed by David Schwimmer from Friends, who proves more than capable of delivering a steady stream of laughs without imposing any signature style.

A nicely balanced three act story about a lovable idiot named Dennis, (Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), who abandons his fiancé Libby, (Thandie Newton) at the altar, Run Fat Boy Run exposes the pain every man feels when they lose the respect of the woman they love. Simon Pegg shares a writing credit here, and has certainly brought some of his own humor to the project. His character, Dennis always hopes to win Libby back, but the quest becomes a high priority when Whit, a rich investment banker from Chicago (Hank Azaria) enters the picture, and plays father to his nine year old son.

Whit is an all-around swell guy; he’s rich, successful and athletic, and he makes a real big deal about the fact that he’s about to run the Nike River Run Marathon. When Libby says to Dennis, "you've never finished anything in your life", it stings. But is it enough to push a fat man to the very limits of his physical abilities? Will it make this oaf run 26 miles?

RATING 4/5 - Consistently funny stuff with some truly memorable moments, this film contains an easily digested message about commitment-phobia.

Run, Fat Boy, Run is a low calorie British chick flick with some signature American characters and themes. The film is well directed by David Schwimmer from Friends, who proves more than capable of delivering a steady stream of laughs without imposing any signature style.

A nicely balanced three act story about a lovable idiot named Dennis, (Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz), who abandons his fiancé Libby, (Thandie Newton) at the altar, Run Fat Boy Run exposes the pain every man feels when they lose the respect of the woman they love. Simon Pegg shares a writing credit here, and has certainly brought some of his own humor to the project. His character, Dennis always hopes to win Libby back, but the quest becomes a high priority when Whit, a rich investment banker from Chicago (Hank Azaria) enters the picture, and plays father to his nine year old son.

Whit is an all-around swell guy; he’s rich, successful and athletic, and he makes a real big deal about the fact that he’s about to run the Nike River Run Marathon. When Libby says to Dennis, "you've never finished anything in your life", it stings. But is it enough to push a fat man to the very limits of his physical abilities? Will it make this oaf run 26 miles?

RATING 4/5 - Consistently funny stuff with some truly memorable moments, this film contains an easily digested message about commitment-phobia.
You didn't post a trailer

Son of a Beekeeper
yeah it wouldnt let me so i had to change my signature

man you are too quick - or i'm too slow

also this website says i have only one post when i know that i have six or more... and it keeps forgetting my password. arghh

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
This is more of a synopsis than a review....

sorry...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Got to be honest, "Run, Fatboy Run" was really disappointing.
It's a by the numbers rom-com and certainly nowhere near as good as " Shaun of the Dead " or even " Hot Fuzz ".
The whole film was far too obvious for me and there was nothing new or fresh about the film.
Maybe my expectations were too high, it's harmless, but ultimately forgettable.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Stuck in the middle with you.
I've never seen it but if it's along the lines of hot fuzz I'll give it a pass.

Looks really funny. I've seen the commerical a few times on TV, laughed every time.

David Schwimmer is trying his hand at directing. Props to him for trying to break the Friend's curse.

This film came out in England months and months ago. From what i can remember it was pretty fun and Simon Pegg gave a good performance. Slightly unrealistic in that Simon Pegg was going out with Thandie Newton. Decent comedy and worth going to see.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
We enjoyed this movie. It was heartwarming, and funny. Thandie Newton is so lovely to look at!

I like Shawn of the Dead best. So far I've enjoyed all three movies.