Borat to play Queens Freddie Mercury

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Wow...I'm not sure who's more insane...the obvious crazy guy or the people that interacted with him. Thanks for resurrecting it, SC. Now, I think it should just go back to rest wherever it came from.

I apologise for reviving this old thread, well not really, how have I never seen this before? Absolute gold, and I only managed to find it through Rodent mentioning it in the shoutbox.

Some of my favourite posts:

Andy Sirkis who will become the first 8 foot tall guitarist , all by the magic of CGI and regular visits to the planet whacko.
Breaking news

Andy Sirkis to play Borat's shorter Mercury move, legs.
we as yet have no word on the problem of extras or trunkage solutions.
But we have seen amazing previews of his 8 foot tall Brian May lookalike.

Just coming in, seemingly this Andy Sirkis rumour is incorrect,
we can confirm Andy Sirkis shall not be playing Borats legs or a 8 foot tall Brian may, we can confirm as we have just received this new memo from the dictator himself, yes!
Borat has announced -

He may have to just ditch the entire cast, literally , as they are getting tired of each carrying around, personalised boxes TO STAND ON.

Join us tomorrow, when we will have a exclusive invitation to bring you access to the set, which looks very similar to michael bentine's potty land.

please dont post such frivolous spam in here please
We need a HOF thread for threads like these, honestly I read through the whole thing and I have been crying laughing.

On a serious note, I noticed a few pages back Skepsis talked about how SBC makes a good choice because he is experienced and worked under both Scorsese and Hooper who have both worked previously in making biopics, well according to IMDB now Hooper is to direct this film, so unless he was already supposed to before, this is a pretty cool coincidence, and lends further optimism to the potential success of the film. I have seen both The King's Speech and Les Miserables which I both liked (the former more), and enjoyed SBC's work in the latter and Scorsese's Hugo, I think he will be good in this role.

No one can be Freddie - just not possible, but a few out there could play him.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23...mercury-biopic

I'm very disappointed, as Sacha Baron Cohen's presence in this film was the thing that excited me the most about it, considering I'm a big fan, and it would have been his first starring role in a more drama oriented film, which would have been great to see, considering how great he was in his musically driven roles, and his obvious likeness to Mercury, in terms of looks. I still hope the movie moves forward without him, though.

Oh well. I'm still excited about his new comedy, and at least that means it'll happen sooner.

Sacha Baron Cohen has dropped out... apparently almost a year ago

I had no idea.

News in is that Skyfall's Ben Whishaw has been hired in the role and British actor Dexter Fletcher (Kick Ass, Press Gang, Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels) has been put in the director's chair.

Ok, Cohen was chucked from the film by Brian May in July 2013.

Creative differences occured and May reckons that Cohen's presence was too distracting.