Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Liked it very much though one viewing will suffice.

Well then.

I liked ‘Air’ better, but this is fine. Nothing much. Seen an article somewhere lately (didn’t read the whole thing) saying the market is oversaturated with origin stories, and this is definitely the case imo.
I would probably even put this in the category of ‘failure stories’ (not that this is much of a genre). Which is in itself fascinating, as I’ve always been interested in narratives where things really fail (not the Hero’s Journey-type fail, but really, definitively fail, as it were).

'Odd Man Out' (1947)

Wife hasn't seen this yet so excited to see how she likes it. I'm a film noir freak. Over the years she's developed a liking to them.

Tonight I am watching The Road, I recently finished the book so I am interested to see how it has been adapted for screen.

'Odd Man Out' (1947)

Wife hasn't seen this yet so excited to see how she likes it. I'm a film noir freak. Over the years she's developed a liking to them.
A great picture directed by Carol Reed (The Third Man).

If you're a big noir fan, you might like to participate in the several noir threads or HOFs.

Tonight I am watching The Road, I recently finished the book so I am interested to see how it has been adapted for screen.
Book is better, but it’s good.

I expect to like this — very much my kind of thing on paper. A members’ preview is also always nice.

This was excellent. Hüller sure is phenomenal. A film that leaves one utterly breathless. Then again, I find that ‘the banality of evil’-type films tend to work for me.
Noticed that Hüller has a strange, waddling gait here — intentional, I assume, as she doesn’t seem to do this elsewhere (I’ve been watching her since Anatomy of a Fall). The flashes were a bit confusing, and I wasn’t sure why there were subtitles in the scene where the girl plays the piano as there was no singing. How are we supposed to know what the words relate to, are these her thoughts? Strange.
Heck, yes, I will enjoy this.

If you're a big noir fan, you might like to participate in the several noir threads or HOFs.
I want to participate in the HoF noir thread but not sure if I've been here long enough. I know there's a minimum time requirement. I'll have to check and see what it is and find out if I qualify.