Whats the difference Avatar Imax 3d, vs 3d, vs 2d, No spoilers plz

Tools    

Please confirm

the film is not shot in imax, so not a huge benefit there

Should be seend in 3d since cameron put a lot in to it. U hear there are different kinds of 3d, which one is the best and how to find?

just saw it, 3d. it is dizzying a bit, and things close to your perspective (foreground) are out of focus. things in the mid ground were clear. I was a bit close to the screen, last row of floor seating,

maybe if you sat in optimal portion you the forground would be more focused.

any one else experience this?

I sat at seats close to the screen and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Well I don't know about Imax 3D but 3D just makes the movie more realistic. You might get a headache in the starting but it will eventually subside. The 3D experience would make the things kinda reach out, like some things close, then others at mid range and finally the far things. It adds depth which makes the thing feel pretty nice and some scenes, things reach out at ya! 3D makes the overall experience better at the expense of comparitively expensive ticket (compared to 2D).

Btw did you like it in 3D?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
There are basically 3 types of 3-D. You have your IMAX 3-D, RealD and Dolby 3-D. IMAX is the oldest format because it's been around the longest, then digital and finally dolby.

IMAX 3D is usually optimized for more pop-out screen effect than depth. It's the best wow factor I would say. If you are uncertain then I wouldn't trek far to an IMAX theatre to see it, since IMAX theatres are scarce. I saw Avatar in IMAX 3-D and loved it, I was totally immersed in the film. Usually there is some ghosting and darker scenes when you watch a film in IMAX 3-D, but Cameron knew this was a problem with 3-D and worked his way around it. The film is bright and I never noticed any ghosting.

RealD is digital, meaning the films are recorded digital and the projector is also digital. The glasses themselves are quote 'better'. As in you can move your head around freely and not lose any of the 3-D effect. This I believe is the most common 3-D used in theatres. I think there is a less of a pop out effect with this format.

Finally Dolby, which is the newest and is also digital. I've heard people say this is the best one. This one provides a sharper and brighter image (since everyone wears the glasses it would usually be dark). Next to no ghosting and again, like RealD has less of a pop out effect.

But in the end, it all comes down to preferences. I can't tell you which one is the best to see it in, if you've seen a movie in 3-D and liked it, stick with the theatre screen. Unless you really want to go out there and see if you can tell the difference.

Suspect's Reviews