The Eye

Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
This horror film from Hong Kong was released last year over there, and is coming soon to the U.S. Reviews have been fairly mixed, but most seem to positive. The idea is certainly promsing though; here is the synopsis Kong found on the official site:

"At the age of two Mann went blind. Fourteen years later, a new and risky corneal transplant operation restores her vision and her life, until inexplicable events lead her to believe there is more than meets the eye to her newfound gift of sight. Mysterious, black-clad figures appear to foreshadow sudden deaths, and horribly disfigured denizens haunt her everyday existence.

Unable to recognize her own reflection, she peers into a mirror and sees another woman -- Ling, the original owner of the corneas. The nightmarish visions are driving Mann insane.

Desperate to uncover the truth, she visits Ling's old village in Northern Thailand and discovers that Ling also had the ability to see ghosts; but the constant stream of apparitions and her unheeded prediction of a tragic fire caused her to commit suicide. Now it seems that Mann has inherited Ling's miserable fate and the painful consequences that follow her extrasensory perception.

But just as she is about to leave Thailand, the black-clad harbingers of death return -- hundreds of them. Tragedy is about to strike and only Mann can stop it. Is her fate predetermined or does she have the courage and the strength to change the future? -- © Applause Pictures"

Anyone else interested in seeing this? It comes out in limited release on June 13th. The Eye: Official Site

I am having a nervous breakdance
Looks interesting. Looks like it's influenced by Ringu. There are certainly a lot of interesting films coming out of South East Asia at the moment.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I saw The Eye last year and I found it to be very chilling. It is scarier than The Ring and more horrifying. It's nightmarish and a real thriller.
I'd advise any of you who are into this kind of stuff to see The Eye . (Though if not, skip it )

Sounds interesting to me too… I can’t remember the name right now, but I read a book several years ago that this sounds very similar to… Anyway, thanks for the info Kong…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Beware the Moon
The Eye is a cool film. Nothing fantastic but it is a subtle and chilling film, on a par with the Sixth Sense probably. Well shot with some good use of special effects framing some nice performances. Nothing over the top or "in yer face", just a chilling tale well told.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I saw a few clips on Ebert and Roeper and it scared the the **** out of me. Honestly. That doesn't happen much. I'm gonna check it out!

Never conform, never compromise....
Actually, a freind this movie awhile ago, don't know where he heard of it though. Sounds very iteresting, i loved The Ring and have been meaning to watch Ringu, does anyon know if it is available yet??
- Corey Taylor (2002)